Siemens Front Desk Security Officer in Charlotte, North Carolina
Front Desk Security Officer
Locations:Charlotte, North Carolina
Job Family: Real Estate
Division: Corporate Core
Business Unit: Corporate Core
Requisition Number: 211493
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services. Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth. For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/
Security Officer, working 1st shift at Siemens are charged with the protection of employees, visitors, contractors, customers and all property of Siemens, while providing world class customer service for all.
NOTE - Mandatory days of employment will be Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday (No exceptions)
To meet the minimum requirements of Siemens Security Officer on all shifts, the candidate must show that he/she show the ability to:
• Execute security services as outline in site-specific Post Orders or as directed by Security Management.
• Responsible for conducting walking patrols of buildings and grounds, or using a golf cart or company vehicle. Responsible for identifying and reporting any security threats, unsafe conditions, hazards or other emergency situations.
• Responsible for site-specific duties and tasks based on assignment, which may include customer service, lobby/visitor reception, dock security, or other such positions.
• Write detailed and accurate incident reports during shift, including notation of any unusual activities and how issues were resolved. Responsible for contacting appropriate individuals (Site Supervision, Field Management, etc.) as directed by site post orders or as needed during shift.
• Responsible for knowing all site-specific policies and procedures, and implementing emergency response activities as appropriate.
• Responsible for participating in all company and site required orientation and training programs.
• Respond to any incidents that occur during shift, ensuring appropriate action is taken, all reports are properly completed, and appropriate parties are notified in a timely manner.
• Conduct any security, customer service or support functions as directed by supervisor.
• Competence with all aspects of security systems; including CCTV, fire and medical alarms and access control systems, or demonstrates the capability to be trained.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum 6 months to 1 year of professional-level work experience required.
• As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
• Requires a current state driver’s license with no more than 3 points on the driving record and the ability to safely operate a golf cart and/or vehicle if assigned to a position requiring operation of such vehicles. Ability to provide own reliable transportation to consistently get to/from work on time is required.
• Ability to write effective and concise reports in neat, legible handwriting is required. Working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office software a considerable plus.
• Demonstrated ability to be very customer service oriented, with the ability to professionally interact with all levels of individuals in a courteous manner, and to de-escalate situations before they become hostile or unpleasant.
• Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
• Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• Current or prior military experience, or college education in the security field desirable.
• 1 to 3 years prior experience in the security industry, law enforcement, military and/or customer service highly desired.
• Clean driving record (no points in prior 3 years), and the ability to safely operate a golf cart and/or vehicle if assigned to a position requiring operation of such vehicles. Ability to provide own reliable transportation (or access public transportation) to consistently get to/from work on time is required.
• Moderate knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office software a considerable plus.
• The ability to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, prioritize tasks and responsibilities. Provide world class customer service, able to take direction from supervisors and maintain good order and discipline through the chain of command.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .