Siemens Service Specialist I - Building Automation Service - Chantilly, VA in Chantilly, Virginia
Service Specialist I - Building Automation Service - Chantilly, VA
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 211222
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Chantilly
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Our contributions sometimes aren’t very apparent – but our innovations have made history. The Siemens Building Technologies Division is searching for a dynamic Field Building Automation Controls Specialist to participate in semi-complex equipment installation, trial runs, investigative test, repairs and overhauls. Are you ready to make history with us?
As a Building Automation Controls Specialist, you will participate in responding to service calls, training customers on semi-complex building automation products and services, perform semi-complex maintenance on tools, test equipment, and maintain documents of all installations, inspections, maintenance, repair work, and failures. Siemens provides structured training to help you learn and familiarize yourself with the company and the Specialist role. In addition, you will assess the product/equipment performance and make recommendations for modification or improvements. Our Specialists perform technical service agreement tasks and schedule assignments to ensure that the building automation system is properly maintained and operating correctly. These tasks are a part of our emergency service calls and these would be handled during the day and after hours. Other tasks include checking indicated point of trouble, analyzing full requirements of the system and checking/testing the system components. As a Specialist you will diagnose trouble or defects and determine corrective action and repairs for the system. You will also perform preventative maintenance and diagnostics on the building automation system and components according to the service agreement contracts. You will make sure the system is running at optimal operation for our customers. Siemens will provide you with a mentor who will help you as you ramp up your knowledge. Many more exciting tasks await you. So if you are ready to make your mark in history and with Siemens, submit your resume today!
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• Associates degree in Engineering or related field. HS diploma or equivalent.
• Specialized skill training/certification may be required. Demonstrates comprehensive working knowledge of a technical or specialty area, and of operations, methods, and practices.
• Generally, 2-5 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
• Skilled in programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills
• Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or 1-2 years of vocational/technical training.
• Knowledge of building automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building operations preferred.
• Working engineering and programming background preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .