Siemens Sr. HR Generalist - Service Operations in Cary, North Carolina
Sr. HR Generalist - Service Operations
Locations:Cary, North Carolina
Job Family: Human Resources
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Human Resources
Requisition Number: 211274
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Cary
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
We are seeking a Sr. HR Generalist who will partner with and support our Customer Care Dispatch Call Center, Northeast Field Service and Installations organizations.Additional businesses and/or sites could be assigned as needed. The position holder must have a consultative capacity to coach and partner with the management team and to drive business strategy while being an advocate and expert in all HR functions for all of the employees in the offices and at operations sites. The position will be based in Cary, North Carolina. The Sr. HR Generalist will have the ability to understand our business, our strategy and our mission to deliver integrated Human Resources management services and programs across the organizations’ approximately350employees. This position reports to the Human Resources Director, located in Norwood, MA.
The position will provide a full range of human resources and operational support to our organization including:
· Partner with the organization by actively participating in managing the business and integrating the human resources function with business activities to provide value to the customer.
· Partner with the organization in leading the talent management process, including annual talent reviews and organization planning to accelerate leadership development and enhance technical expertise at all levels in the organization.
· Partner with the talent acquisition organization to develop and execute staffing strategies to support achievement of the long-term goals of the business.
· Implement employee relations strategies designed to create an environment that drives maximum individual and team success and facilitate resolution of employee relations issues.
· Counsel managers and employees to ensure appropriate and consistent application of Siemens operating policies and procedures.
· Conduct investigations and recommend corrective actions.
· Administer, monitor, coordinate, maintain and ensure compliance with areas that may include affirmative action, anti-discrimination, health and safety programs as well as federal and state regulations.
· Facilitate change management initiatives and partner with the leadership team to effectively communicate business strategies, goals, values and performance expectations.
· Conduct or participate on special investigations, studies, projects and other HR initiatives as needed to meet overall company and department strategic goals and initiatives.
· 25% travel to locations in Massachusetts and Delaware; other travel may be required as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or Organizational Development a plus.
• A minimum of eight years of human resources generalist experience demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines including employee relations, performance management, and management consultation.
• PHR/SPHR certification is preferred.
• Prior union experience is highly desired
• Experience in supporting a call center environment preferred.
• Experience in supporting a multi-location business preferred.
• Experience in supporting efforts to ensure ongoing non-union operations.
• Proven experience to work in a highly matrixed organization.
• The ability to be flexible, self-directed, motivated and able to interact with employees at all levels.
• Strong oral and written communication.
• Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
• The proven ability to prioritize rapidly; strong problem solving skills; excellent decision making/analysis skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must possess above average proficiency in Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Ability to use data and information to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standard, practices, policies, procedures, regulations or government law.
• The proven ability to objectively coach employees and management through routine and complex employee relations matters.
• The proven ability to demonstrate leadership skills, professionalism and team attitude.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .