Siemens Project Engineer - High Voltage in Cary, North Carolina
Project Engineer - High Voltage
Locations:Cary, North Carolina
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: High Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 217296
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Cary
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
Siemens Industry is looking for a Project Engineer to support their Bushing business at their Cary, NC location. This person will support the Bushing Expert in technical evaluations and data collection. In addition this person will identify customers for technical support and bushing sales activities. They will also approach customers in alignment with the Sales Project Manager and offer bushing services.
Are you ready for the challenge?
Other tasks include but are not limited to:
• Organizes measurements at identified and successfully approached customers
• Supports the Sales Project Manager (NNUS1) in defining customer individual support and/or sales strategies
• Supports organizing bushing replacements
• Arranges offers, contracts and sales releases
• Carries out and supports technical customer meetings
• Steers and manages the US OIP stock and triggers bushing shipments
• Steers and manages the online monitoring systems stock and triggers shipments and return deliveries
• Evaluates and forecasts demand for online monitoring systems
• Supports organization of on time measurement evaluations and recommendations
• Supports the technical task force team in Europe and supports technical investigations
• Reports to the Sub-Project Manager and overall Project Manager
• Collaborates with the other sub-projects to align and contribute to the overall projects targets
• Customer identification and contact.
• Definition of customer individual support and sales strategies.
• Support of site activities (measurements, replacements, etc.).
• Management of US OIP bushing stock.
• Management of online monitoring stock.
• Support of technical analysis activities.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Bachelors Degree in electrical engineering.
Strong Project management experience.
Must possess excellent communication and team building skills.
Must be able to prioritize and network across the enterprise.
Ability to travel 20% domestically.
Strong and effective oral and written skills.
Experience in managing fasteners stocks would be plus.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
A competitive base salary
Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .