Siemens Instructional Designer- Sales Education in Cary, North Carolina
Instructional Designer- Sales Education
Multiple Locations:Malvern, Pennsylvania; Cary, North Carolina
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Strategy, Marketing & Communications
Requisition Number: 209340
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Other Locations: United States-North Carolina-Cary
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
The Instructional Developer will apply best practice training, content design and development knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to develop impactful, blended-training deliverables that will achieve the goals of the Sales Education Department and ultimately support the training and development of the Siemens Healthineers Sales Teams.
Key Position Activities
· Course Design and Development using adult learning theories and methodologies. Based on the performance improvement request, consult with business, partner with them, and recommend the best learning solution and strategy to achieve the overall goal of the course. Define and document learning objectives based on task analysis of the specific job role(s).
· Project Management using the ADDIE Model (Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation). Ensuring the entire process is monitored, completed and evaluated according to the goals of the project and the desired performance improvement outcome of the business requestor.
(not necessarily implementing each part - for example, classroom delivery is typically done by specific classroom trainers)
· Strong networking and collaborative interpersonal skills to work with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify the problem, documents the findings, and identify the best learning solution. Define and recommend the best learning strategy to meet overall department and organizational goals.
· Leadership Skills – Proven ability to lead projects and to be appropriately assertive with business stakeholders when recommending learning strategies that will result in highly impactful and interactive learning programs that ultimately will engage students, and achieve the goals of the department and the organization.
· Strong Skill set with learning resources– Utilizes resources/tool kit (e.g., learning theories/strategies, data analysis, software and hardware skills.. course authoring tools, Web and virtual platforms, Video production and streaming tools, branding, software simulators, content depositories, LMS) to create asynchronous (student centered.. learning at own time WBT online learning) and synchronous learning (classroom and virtual that is instructor led.. students learn at same time). Contentto be developed is inclusive of e-learning courses, job aids, user guides, and knowledge checks.
· Learning Consultant – partner with the business to identify the business need and identify both training and non-training solutions. Non-training recommendations (based on needs analysis) could include learning environmental factors such as peer and management support back on the job, rewards and recognition that sometimes affects performance of employees not always related to the classroom learning. Partnering with the business to ensure the best solution, which may be a more blended approach vs. a single-based solution.
Requirements / Qualifications
· 3-5 years of experience in Instructional Design (curriculum development, design and project management)
· BS in Instructional Design, Scientific & Technical Communications, Business Communications, Business Administration (Masters preferred)
· Experience successfully developing eLearning courses through instructional design methodologies with demonstrated experience in effectively communicating and implementing new eLearning training strategies and curriculum is required.
· Working knowledge of Learning Management Systems
· Demonstrated ability to assess quality and provide feedback in a constructive, positive format promoting results oriented actions is required.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills demonstrating creativity, enthusiasm, clarity and conciseness is required.
· Time management skills with strong attention to details, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet assigned project deadlines in a timely manner is required.
· Demonstrates critical thinking skills and creativity
· Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
· Ability to conduct ongoing analysis of programs to ensure customer satisfaction is required.
· Working knowledge of the healthcare industry preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .