Siemens Field Service Tech 1 in Cary, North Carolina
Field Service Tech 1
Locations:Cary, North Carolina
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 213011
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Cary
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 60%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
The successful applicant will execute Second level MRI Magnet Support, service and repair functions at Customer sites with minimal supervision. The position is second shift and requires significant domestic travel (80%), with occasional International requirements. Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers, peers and vendors, while performing necessary administrative duties timely and accurately.
· Co-ordinate own travel to meet on-site maintenance, installation, service or repair schedule requirements.
· Work, communicate and collaborate effectively with internal Siemens partners.
· Perform maintenance protocols and procedures according to scheduled requirements, to maintain uptime of customer’s equipment.
· Perform semi-complex mechanical and electrical troubleshooting to identify failure modes and root cause analysis
· Responds to semi-complex second level service calls. Participates in the assessment of semi-complex product/equipment performance based on field support data and recommends modifications or improvements.
· Maintain own Tools and Test Equipment to ensure reliable and repeatable service delivery.
· Contribute ideas and feedback for continuous improvement (for example process, product, tooling or customer experience) to support the ongoing success of the team and Siemens.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience
· Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or 2 years minimum vocational technical training.
· 3+ years field service experience preferred, as well as demonstrated customer relationship skills.
· Strong oral and written communication skills required.
· Strong mechanical skills needed; background with refrigeration and or superconductive magnets is a plus. Must be proficient in the use of mechanical tools and service test equipment
· Valid Driver License and good driving record is required.
· Must be willing to travel both nationally and internationally.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .