Siemens Sr. Sales Executive - Building Automation Controls - New Construction (Solutions) Sales - Boston, MA in Canton, Massachusetts
Sr. Sales Executive - Building Automation Controls - New Construction (Solutions) Sales - Boston, MA
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 210356
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Canton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
Siemens Industry, Inc. - Building Technologies is currently searching for a dynamic Senior Sales Executive to manage and grow our Boston, MA territory for our Building Automation Solutions - HVAC Controls group. The primary responsibility of the Senior Sales Executive is to achieve booking and gross margin goals by developing and implementing plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities for assigned contractors within the Boston territory and effectively handling the most sophisticated deals independently within our established guidelines.
• Activities focus on developing strategic relationships with Construction Managers/General Contractors/Mechanical Contractors to achieve sales targets. Also develops and maintains contacts with architects, consulting engineers, and specification writers to promote company products and services. Helps ensure assigned contractors are providing appropriate opportunities to Siemens.
• Creates and implements strategic sales strategies to successfully position Siemens to secure targeted projects in a competitive environment.
• Effectively performs needs assessments, develops sales proposals, estimates, specifications and presentations. Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to secure the sale.
• Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensures a comprehensive sales-to- operations turnover occurs when projects are sold and monitors project progress. Assists in resolving installation, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed. Assists customers and potential customers with problems involving the use of company products and services; and recommends suitable resolutions accordingly.
• Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
• Participates in civic and professional organizations to build a network of contacts to advance achievement of sales targets.
• Actively participates in sales department meetings, workshops, and seminars. Is knowledgeable on current market, business, and product trends. Continues to pursue in-depth product and services knowledge; and acquires deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
• When managing current accounts, develops and deploys account management strategies and prepares annual technology roadmap for clients.
• Team sells with other Division partners when appropriate to bundle solutions and expand Siemens participation in opportunities. Other solutions typically bundled include Fire Alarm Systems, Security Systems, and Low & Medium Voltage products.
• Develops and builds long-term relationships.
• Expand the value of assigned accounts for all SBT offerings.
• Drives/coordinates new business across all product lines to meet objectives. Focus on customer retention and satisfaction/loyalty.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or a similar field preferred, although a combination of education (Associate’s Degree is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered.
• At least 2 years of directly related HVAC Controls industry sales experience strongly preferred, although candidates with less than 2 years experience of directly related industry sales experience OR candidates with 2+ years experience in a similar industry selling to Mechanical Contractors, Consulting Engineers, General Contractors and Construction Managers will also be considered.
• Requires technical and financial expertise to effectively and independently estimate and sell SBTs solutions and service product lines.
• Related professional certifications a plus.
• Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid Driver’s License in good standing, and must meet eligibility requirements to participate in the required Siemens Vehicle Plan.
Why Siemens? We offer:
• A competitive base salary plus a generous, no cap limit, commission plan
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
• Company Vehicle for business and personal use with gas card
• Extensive sales and product training and career development
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .