Siemens Service Specialist I - Building Automation - Boston, MA in Canton, Massachusetts
Service Specialist I - Building Automation - Boston, MA
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 201000
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for a Service Specialist I to support our Building Automation Service Projects Team in Canton, MA. The Service Specialist I, working under the direction of a Project Manager, coordinates, installs, programs, performs startup and troubleshooting of upgrades and/or enhancements to existing Siemens customer facilities.
• Creates and/or modify point database, programming to meet specified sequence of operation and graphical interface of building HVAC systems.
• Performs system checkout and startups for service installed jobs.
• Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action and repairs system.
• Coordinates electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required.
• Coordinates IP network requests with end user IT Department and/or owner representative.
• Participates in job site final walk and / or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs.
• Conducts training and development classes for customers on site.
• Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable.
• Maintains and submits written reports and redlined installation documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
• Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components.
• Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time & material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion.
• Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions.
• Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information daily.
• If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
• Works with other branch, company or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem.
• Associate's degree in Electronics, Engineering, Computer Science or other related field; Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Knowledge of automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building operations preferred.
• Working engineering and programming background preferred.
• Proficient troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical systems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills.
• Must be over the age of 21 and possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .