Siemens Office Manager - Canton, MA in Canton, Massachusetts
Office Manager - Canton, MA
Job Family: Internal Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 211831
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Canton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
Office Manager – Canton, MA – Siemens Building Technologies
Are you an outgoing, natural problem solver looking for company that can help drive your career? Siemens is looking for an energetic Office Manager to support the business functions in our Boston location. This position works with various teams to provide the knowledge, resources, and tools that help Siemens deliver exceptional quality service to our clients and supports Boston’s growth and profitability. There are three primary areas of focus:
· Office Management: Ensure smooth operation of the day to day activities of the offices, working with outside vendors and on internal projects.
· Administrative Leadership: Supervise and develop our administrative team, and work directly with the General Manager.
· Culture Ambassador: Take initiative to guard and promote our ownership culture by encouraging a trusting, respectful, and friendly atmosphere.
This position covers many aspects; on a regular basis you will be addressing building issues, organizing events, promoting office initiatives, all while helping to make Siemens an employer of choice.
General Activities Include:
· Office Management: Act as the point of contact for third parties such as property manager, office suppliers, cleaning staff, insurance brokers, bankers, accountant, etc. (occasionally facilitating after-hours work)
· Direct, coordinate and develop Administrative Team
· Deliver on-boarding orientation for new employees
· Coordinate team events and/or meetings
· Manage office budget while ensuring office supplies are stocked
· Ordering new / replacement office equipment such as copiers/printers, postage machine, etc.
· Serve as the office liaison for corporate communications, including serving a local agent of change in our culture of regular organizational change
· Keeping a tab on the overall pulse of the office environment, and coordinating fun internal office activities (birthdays, Family Day, welcome lunches, etc.)
· Marketing & Event support, local business relations liaison, as well as assist with training and recruitment support
· Plan and manage customer training classes hosted at our facilities
· Serve as the Security Lead for the office to implement corporate programs
· Manage and coordinate projects as assigned
· Identify cost reduction activities
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Required education: High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Advanced Knowledge and experience with administrative software: Microsoft Outlook, Publisher, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .