Siemens Engineering Specialist II - Building Automation Service - Boston, MA in Canton, Massachusetts
Engineering Specialist II - Building Automation Service - Boston, MA
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 201308
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Canton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
Provides expertise and knowledge throughout the system or service project lifecycle.
• Estimating, designing, tracking, start up and commissioning jobs of larger revenue and/ or multiple projects requiring greater planning and technical expertise than the next lower level position.
• Attends pre-booking and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate the accuracy of sales estimate and job layout. Reviews plans, specifications, and contract to determine project requirements.
• Designs, plans, and handles start-up functions on selected control systems based on project plans, specifications, and contract documents. Prepares submittals containing schematics, descriptions and technical literature for the approval of the owner's representative or as required. Obtains submittal approval and prepares as built drawings.
• Troubleshoots possible issues including identifying and debugging software, electrical or pneumatic and installation problems.
• Selects product sizes, types, and location placement to ensure products meet specification requirements.
• Prepares database and job related programming for computer-based systems. Prepares and justifies engineering re-estimate reports.
• Provides on-site assistance with or performs the installation and start-up, checkout and turnover process.
• Organizes and maintains the job folder and updates pertinent job related information.
• Participates in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs and completes all job closeout documentation.
• Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed.
• Coordinates work with subcontractors. May be responsible for training lower level engineers and specialists.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• High School or GED.
• 5+ yrs experience or 2 yrs Engineering Specialist II experience.
• Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, HVAC concepts, business operations, and job financial reports.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
•Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Associate's degree in Electronics or other related technical field preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .