Siemens Business Development Manager - Building Automation Controls - Boston, MA in Canton, Massachusetts
Business Development Manager - Building Automation Controls - Boston, MA
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 210357
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Canton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
Siemens Industry, Inc. is currently searching for an experienced Business Development Manager to lead business development activities for our Building Automation group for the Greater Boston Area by developing and maintaining consulting engineer and Contractor coverage. The general goal of engineering coverage would be to establish long-term relationships with key engineering consultants in order to generate specifications favorable to Siemens Industry, Inc. for building control projects. Focus would be on large Design Consultants whose influence crosses multiple areas and even possibly national boundaries. This individual would work with the consulting engineers and Contractors on conceptual design, specification development, sequences of operation, I/O lists, budgeting, etc. and work with the sales team associated with the given targeted projects.
• Utilizes basic sales techniques to sell products / services / solutions to established or prospective customers. Achieves or exceeds assigned individual sales goals. Initiates / establishes / maintains customer and channel partner contact, providing basic technical product application assistance as required. Calls on prospective / established customers, providing technical and administrative product information and/or demonstrations.
• Assists in the preparation of product information required by customers. Performs training assignments as directed in order to apply engineering knowledge and principles. Continually strives to become more familiar with Siemens products, technology, personnel, culture, policies, practices and regulations.
• Provide expert application support to Design Consultants and Contractors to improve customer and branch productivity and reduce their risk.
• Support the Sales Engineer/Account Manager to respond to Design Consultant requirements in a timely and knowledgeable manner.
• Allow Siemens Industry, Inc. to increase its visibility and control leadership position image in the Design Consultant and construction community. Write control specifications on targeted projects to enhance the company’s probability of success through price and preference. Develop and conduct seminars and lunch & learns to consulting/contracting firms to promote company products and solution sets. Neutralize or put competition at a disadvantage. Develop business opportunities and generate sales volume.
• Supports local sales management with strategic planning and forecasting. Research, develop and maintain competitive information resources.
• Maintains technical competence of company’s products, applications and services. Represents Siemens with active participation in industry associations, professional organization and affiliations. Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory approval of design documents and create outstanding customer value.
• Bachelors of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience (High School Diploma or GED equivalent a minimum requirement)
• PE License and LEED GA/AP a plus
• Five years or more experience in HVAC, controls or related industry
• Work experience at a consulting firm desired
• Knowledge of Siemens Industry products and solution sets desired
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must possess an outgoing personality, be able to present themselves and Siemens Industry, Inc. in a professional and positive way, be technically astute and work well in a team environment
• Demonstrates a basic knowledge of professional principles and skills
• Effectively uses fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing, and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .