Siemens Account Executive - Electrical Services Sales - Eastern MA & Rhode Island in Canton, Massachusetts
Account Executive - Electrical Services Sales - Eastern MA & Rhode Island
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 209675
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Canton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
Siemens Building Technologies is currently seeking an experienced Sales Account Executive to support Electrical Services offerings in the Eastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island markets to improve the reliability and performance of the electrical distribution systems for our clients. The preferred candidate will have experience in providing a full range of services including complete electrical distribution system commissioning and start-up services; power systems studies; acceptance and maintenance testing; preventive and reactive services; replacement of existing electrical equipment based on energy and cost avoidance; and financing. This role will focus on the vertical markets of schools, healthcare, pharmaceutical, labs, data centers, commercial buildings, and government.
• Proficiently develops and implements plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities in assigned geographic or vertical market while skillfully collaborating with both internal and external partners.
• Develops high-quality best total-solutions that fit customer strategic and operational requirements.
• Successfully develops new and expands existing accounts in assigned market to achieve growth and profit goals.
• Develops and maintains relationships at prospective and authorized representative accounts.
• Conducts ongoing assessment of sales goals within assigned area and determines how to focus efforts to achieve incremental sales growth within the strategic plan.
• Identifies key accounts within territory based on growth potential, local market share and establishes specific sales goals and strategies.
• Communicates marketing programs and product developments to accounts to maximize sales potential.
• Contributes to the development of the long-term strategic plan and pricing strategies.
• Monitors competitor activities and market trends.
• Prepares accurate and thorough customer account activities, sales activity reports, competitor reports, forecast reports and expense tracking and reporting.
• Develops strong relationships with existing and new customer base through participation in civic and professional organizations, sales department meetings, workshops and seminars.
• Participates in vertical market trade shows and becomes a company advocate in national association meetings.
• Continues to pursue in-depth market, products and services knowledge and acquires deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
• Works with both small and large accounts and upper level decision makers practicing executive level selling skills to achieve highest level of account penetration.
• Independently drives business growth and desires to create an entrepreneur-like position within a strong established organization
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field preferred, however, a combination of education and directly related experience will also be considered (at minimum, a High School Diploma or GED equivalency is required).
• 5-8 years of experience with proven electrical service sales and account management skills preferred, although candidates with proven sales and account management skills in an industry with a similar type of sales cycle and customer interface needed to successfully sell electrical services for Siemens will also be considered.
• Experience in the Electrical Distribution Industry strongly desired.
• Must be willing and available to travel 10%.
• Excellent verbal, written, organizational and negotiation skills necessary.
• Must be at least 21 years old with a valid driver’s license in good standing to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship.
• Requires high level of technical expertise to effectively and independently estimate and sell electrical system solutions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .