Siemens Plant Management in Campbell, Missouri
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: Power Generation Services
Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 200948
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
Power Generation Services (PS)
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/power-generation-services.htm
Power Plant Manager
Manage the daily activities and associated personnel at the facility to generate electricity and maintain the facility in a safe, compliant, reliable, and cost effective manner. This facility has 2 power trains, each with a Siemens V84.3A Combustion Turbine, and Siemens Steam Turbine and Hydrogen Cooled Generator in (2) 1X1 single shaft arrangements.
• In coordination with facility ownership and Siemens management, develop & optimize over time short and long term goals and objectives for the facility.
• Monitor, evaluate, and manage plant activities to achieve established goals and objectives.
• Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws, regulations and facility permits.
• Administer the plant's Safety, Operations, Maintenance, Administrative, Training, Environmental and QA/QC programs to assure the safe, compliant, efficient, and reliable operation and maintenance of the facility.
• Manage day to day communications with plant ownership, including clear and comprehensive reporting of events, plant status, key performance indicators and plant improvement initiatives.
• Develop & optimize over time comprehensive plant policies and procedures in line with Owners and Siemens established policies. Ensure these are understood and properly followed by all plant personnel. Conduct periodic reviews of plant policies and procedures to assure they reflect current Owner and Siemens operating requirements and incorporate lessons learned to support continuous improvement of facility operations.
• Manage and oversee the performance of all routine, corrective, preventative, planned and unplanned maintenance.
• Direct the sourcing, screening, hiring, and development of new or replacement staff as needed.
• Provide annual performance reviews and feedback for the plant staff. Identify training needs and prepare career development plans for the employees.
• Prepare annual budgets for the facility, responsible for adherence to budget and coordination with plant ownership to identify and understand budget variances.
• Oversee the plant's procurement activities undertaken on behalf of plant ownership and Siemens.
• Evaluate facility operations and make recommendations to plant owners regarding cost-effective ways to improve the facility and its operations.
• Serve as the Liaison for the facility within the local community to maintain cooperative and supportive relations with local civic, business and labor community.
• Minimum 5 years of combined cycle Power Plant Management experience in the United States
• Minimum of 7 years experience with direct employee management and supervision.
• Strong management skills including the ability to establish and track fulfillment of objectives,.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary to manage the relationship with plant ownership as well as to properly guide facility operations.
• Demonstrated ability to meet established budgets.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .