Siemens Mechanic Technician in Campbell, Missouri
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Power Generation Services
Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 214044
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-Campbell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Power Generation Services (PS)
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/power-generation-services.htm
Under the general direction of the O&M Manager and in coordination with the O&M services contract, this position is responsible for the general maintenance activities of the plant. The primary responsibility of this job is to conduct maintenance functions safely, reliably, efficiently and in full compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
Reports directly to the O&M Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs repair and maintenance work following blueprint sketches, technical manuals and procedures.
• Identifies mechanical design, machinery improvements or problems and recommends modifications necessary for resolution.
• Performs upkeep of the maintenance management system and other administrative tasks as assigned. Maintain logs of problems, repairs and downtime.
• Follows safety/environmental rules and regulations. Implements safe working practices and immediately identifies hazards and recommends and/or implement repairs.
• Performs power plant rigging and operates lifting equipment necessary for safe handling of heavy machinery and materials.
• Certify as a Crane Operator and attend rigging training.
• Trains others to gain knowledge as required. Provides training (safety and mechanical maintenance) for new hires and for refresher items. Receives training to further individual knowledge and prepares oneself for advancement.
• Assists in the investigation of plant problems, incidents, accidents, and unusual events; and provides input and recommendations for reports and follow-up plans.
• Writes, reviews and revises maintenance and related procedures.
• Troubleshoots equipment and systems, and provides/performs corrective action. Performs failure analysis to determine cause of equipment/system malfunction.
• Will work with outside contractors during overhauls or at other times, when contractors are engaged in plant work.
• Will develop or assist in the development of work packages for projects and outage repairs. Will perform as contactor coordinator as required on projects and maintenance outages.
• Attends to housekeeping at the end of each job/task. Maintains plant cleanliness.
• Maintains all facility equipment through corrective, predictive and planned activities.
• Completes all training/qualifications required to be a Mechanical Technician.
• Must be able to work scheduled hours, overtime both scheduled and unscheduled, on days off and beyond regular work schedule and to perform shift work, including holidays, nights and weekends, when required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Follows all safety/environmental policies, procedures, rules and participates in
• training. Promotes the company’s safety vision through actions and conduct.
• Follows all company policies and expectations and behaves in a manner that promotes the company’s values and positively effects morale.
• Maintains and responsible for keeping company provided tools in a clean and safe condition.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Ability to read, write and speak in the English language and perform basic mathematical computations; high school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree/Certification in mechanical maintenance field preferred.
• Five years of industry/military experience, including completion of mechanic apprenticeship (or equivalent) in a power plant environment as a mechanic.
• Working knowledge of computers, preferably experience with Windows-based programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Project and PeopleSoft.
• Ability to read and understand P&IDs, electrical and mechanical drawings.
• Ability to pass respirator fit tests to use respiratory protective equipment at all times.
• Knowledge of troubleshooting techniques.
• Good communications skills both verbal and written.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding in four (4) of the following skills; pipefitting, welding, machining, rigging, rotating machine repair, fabrication, machine alignment, piping schematics, mechanical drawings.
• Demonstrated ability to locate, troubleshoot, adjust and correct defects in complex mechanical equipment.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and coordinate work with others on technical subjects across job families.
• Ability to work at various heights from aerial lifts, ladders and scaffolding and in areas of high noise and temperature extremes.
• Ability to work scheduled hours, overtime both scheduled and unscheduled, on days off and beyond regular work schedule. Ability to perform shift work, including holidays, nights and weekends, when required.
• Ability to work near high voltages, rapidly moving equipment and in confined spaces.
Requirements Physical Demands
Sight Acuity Near Frequent
Sight Acuity Far Frequent
Sight Depth Acuity Frequent
Sight Color Acuity Frequent
Talking (Loud and/or Clear) Frequent
Heavy Lifting (>50 pounds) Moderate
Medium Lift (<50 pounds) Frequent
Incumbent may be required to work in conditions where hazardous material and /or toxic fumes could be present. Additionally, incumbent will be exposed to areas of high heat, loud noise, steam, combustible gases, rotating machinery and other conditions normally encounter in an operating generation facility.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .