Siemens Industrial Automation Application Engineer in Campbell, California
Industrial Automation Application Engineer
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Factory Automation
Requisition Number: 211148
Primary Location: United States-California-Campbell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Application Engineer in Industrial Automation
Siemens Industry – is looking for an Application Engineer focused on specific strategic account(s). The application engineer is the technical lead for developing solutions and approaches as well as supporting the identified account(s). This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team providing the best end to end industrial automation solutions in the market. Siemens is leading the charge in providing innovative solutions to bolster the manufacturing renaissance in the US.
· Performs complex hardware and/or software design consultation in accordance with customer/project needs.
· Completes technical product advice for the development and implementation of customer solutions.
· Prepares and presents detailed technical proposals, including product demonstrations and product prototypes.
· Reviews/analyzes specification costs of installations to determine changes/revisions resulting in lower design/manufacturing costs and increase profitability.
· Provide one-on-one support and assist customers through applications from concept through completion
Consults with appropriate groups in preparation of proposals for complex domestic and international installations.
· Prepares explanation to enable proper interpretation and evaluation of specifications, performance characteristics, or other technical data.
Required knowledge/skills, Education, and Experience
AnApplication Engineer is experienced in automation architectures involving multiple products and technologies and has comprehensive knowledge in architecting complex solutions.
· Technical Skills Required
o PLC programming (STEP 7 in TIA Portal)\
o Safety (STEP 7 Safety)
o WinnCC TIA Portal
o Industrial Controls
o PC Based Automation
o Motion Control and Drives
o Hardware wiring
Engineering Soft Skills Required
o Solution fitting o Proof of concept o Tech selling o Mentoring
· Bachelor of Science in electrical/computer/mechanical engineering or computer science
· Experience in automation/motion systems
· Demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .