Siemens Senior MR Scientist - MRI Systems Engineering in Burlington, Massachusetts
Senior MR Scientist - MRI Systems Engineering
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 200843
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
The MR Collaborations team of Siemens Healthcare, USA has an immediate opening in Boston, MA for a MR scientist with a focus on MRI hardware development, MR safety and collaboration management. Our Boston research facilities co-located with the MGH Martinos Center provide a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated researchers. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your talent and your knowledge in a challenging environment. You will be encouraged to think creatively, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team has a strong and historic record for driving Academic-Industrial partnerships and is looking to grow with new talent with a focus on developing new leaders in Siemens MR.
What are your responsibilities?
• Driving a productive exchange between scientific and industrial partners and bridge the translation of novel hardware concepts in to robust prototypes
• Coordinating and interfacing collaborative hardware projects and resourcing them with your skill set and guiding ad hoc teams of industrial professionals and academic investigators locally and on national level
• Contributing to research, design, specification and realization of novel hardware concepts in MRI including gradient coils, RF coils and magnet systems
• Establish and maintain communication and coordination with thought leaders and subject matter experts in MR headquarters, Erlangen, Germany
• Coordinate and visibly lead a MR technology cycle in collaboration with regular feedback and synchronization to MR leadership
• Advance the state-of-the-art, including generating patents and publications in peer-reviewed journals and presentation at academic conferences
What do you need to qualify for this job?
• Advanced degree in an engineering or science field such as Physics, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or Applied Math
• Strong background in MR physics and MR system engineering with industry experience
• Graduate research and high level experience in MR physics preferred.
• Knowledge of ultra-high field systems and novel imaging platforms
• Strong background in biophysics related to MR safety, RF deposition in the body (SAR) and peripheral nerve stimulation (PNS)
• Experience in Siemens MR hardware and control systems a plus
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to engage in complex team environments
• Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, prior management experience a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .