Siemens Warehouse Manager - Control Product Systems - Building Technologies - Buffalo Grove, IL in Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Warehouse Manager - Control Product Systems - Building Technologies - Buffalo Grove, IL
Locations:Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 200386
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Siemens Building Technologies is seeking a warehouse manager to oversee the warehousing and distribution activities of its Buffalo Grove facility. The warehouse manager will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and operational management of the warehouse, including shipping (both International and domestic), picking, packing, storage, as well as receiving and putaway activities. The scope of the warehousing includes a finished goods warehouse, a raw material stockroom, as well as offsite inventory locations encompassing over $30M in inventory value. The manager will be responsible for a team of approximately 55 employees across two shifts. Direct reports include 2 warehouse supervisors, an inventory analyst, and 2 traffic coordinators. This position reports to the Director of Supply Chain for Siemens BT Americas.
Key objectives of the position include:
• Improve and maintain strong delivery performance for outbound deliveries and internal order fulfillment
• Drive year over year increases in productivity
• Maintain inventory accuracy and ensure annual exemption from physical inventory
• Grow and develop talent within the warehouse organization
• Lead a multi-year strategic transformation to ensure warehouse operations are capable to meet the needs of the division’s profitable growth objectives
• Ensure compliance with health, safety, and environmental regulations
• Ensure compliance with inventory cycle count and control processes
• Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions
• Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees
• Conduct root cause analysis and implement corrective actions
• Ensure good condition of facility/equipment through regular audit and implementation of preventative maintenance protocols
• Manage third party contracts for services to warehouse
• Respond timely and professionally to customer complaints and inquiries
• Conduct analysis of warehouse activity to identify optimizations to pick, pack, shipment, and putaway processes
• Conduct capacity planning and ensure labor and equipment resources balanced with demand
• Ensures warehouse staffing needs through recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Monitor warehouse workflow indicators and respond to exceptions
• Collaborate across departments to ensure efficient workflow and positive working relationships among teams
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Industrial Engineering, or related discipline
• 5-10 years of leadership experience in a high volume pick/pack operation
• Less than 5% travel
• Superior decision making and problem solving skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
• Experience with warehouse management systems
• Experience in building a team in a high turnover environment
• Proficiency in MS Office applications including Word, Power Point, and Excel
• Ability to work a flexible schedule supporting both first and second shift operations
• Experience with selecting, procuring, operating, and maintaining a variety of warehouse material handling equipment
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience with SAP WM module
• Experience with leading a warehouse infrastructure and IT systems transformation
• Experience with Microsoft Access and Power BI applications
• Experience with warehouse scanning equipment and applications
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .