Siemens Senior Product Manager - Control Product Systems - Building Technologies - Buffalo Grove, IL in Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Senior Product Manager - Control Product Systems - Building Technologies - Buffalo Grove, IL
Locations:Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Job Family: Marketing
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 201919
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
The Senior Product Manager will profitably grow and manage product categories through the development and implementation of go-to-market strategies and action plans for the America’s markets. Acting as the voice of the customer, through market research and analyzing market trends, this role will identify and manage new product developments as well as life cycle management of the existing product portfolio. This highly visible position requires a demonstrated ability to interact and influence peers, both locally and globally, to drive product road maps and strategies throughout all levels of the organization.
• Manages the assigned product portfolio with full responsibility for the results, including definition of customer and market requirements, growth and profit strategies, business planning, and road mapping
• Constant surveillance of market conditions and competitors' products; defines marketing and product strategies and benchmarking relative to the competition.
• Works together with project and engineering management to insure that development projects meet scheduled milestones.
• Works with Marketing to prepare for the successful commercialization of new and existing products.
• Establishes and manages or synchronizes a cross-functional team to realize the development of the product or its improvement.
• Drives the business performance of the product over the whole lifecycle in cooperation with all partners over the whole process chain.
• Establishes a strong understanding of product and channel positioning (SWOT) through customer interviews and competitive analysis.
• Develops strategies/business plans to capture market share growth for existing and new products.
• Defines and manages new and existing product specifications based upon application requirements, competitive benchmarking and performance objectives that are aligned with cost, price and reliability targets.
• Frequent interaction with customers, marketing and sales to promote product launch and growth initiatives.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering
• Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.
• Able to communicate with Senior Management to summarize issues and facilitate complex decision-making is an advantage.
• 8+ years of product development and product management experience
• Strong data analysis skills
• Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• B2B experience required
• Up to 20% travel
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .