Siemens Senior National Sales Manager (Data Centers) - Building Performance & Sustainability - Building Technologies - Major US City in Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Senior National Sales Manager (Data Centers) - Building Performance & Sustainability - Building Technologies - Major US City
Locations:Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Job Family: Strategy
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 200256
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
The Data Center/DCIM National Sales Manager can be based out of any major city in the U.S., as long as they live near a major airport.
Siemens Building Technologies is looking for a National Sales Manager to drive sales in North America for our DCIM product, Data Center Clarity LC. This person should have detailed knowledge of the growth areas in the North American Data Center Market and specific knowledge on generating DCIM sales. The position will be responsible for Direct Sales, support of Re-Seller partners and support of sales through our branch offices and federal team.
• Engage executive-level decision makers by demonstrating a thorough understanding of their business strategy and communicate how our Data Center Enterprise Solutions, specifically Data Center Clarity LC, can positively impact their bottom line.
• Develop and execute effective account development strategies to positively impact the executive level decision maker’s core business.
• Develop and implement growth strategies for Federal and Corporate customers through direct sales channels and authorized re-sellers.
• Grow a network of Siemens certified sales professionals for Direct Sales.
• Lead sales pursuits directly to fill sales funnel in un-covered areas of opportunity.
• Understands the business of the account, including industry drivers, business objectives and operational issues and connects strategic Data Center Enterprise solutions.
• Strives to add customer-specific value through improving business processes by viewing situations from the customer's perspective.
• Coordinates appropriate resources to effectively execute strategic Account Business Plans and opportunity pursuit plans.
• Demonstrates strategic thinking by anticipating future trends through looking outward at the customer‘s market, competition, and alternatives.
• Persists in the pursuit of account strategies exhibiting strength of purpose and determination in the face of challenges.
• Effectively manages the buying and selling process by involving a network of key players to solve customer operational issues to help them achieve their business objectives.
• Effectively positions the strategic value of Data Center Clarity to key decision makers and influencers throughout the market.
• Leads development and execution of marketing through trade show and thought leadership presentations to market concepts to key decision makers.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience in the Data Center sales, including DCIM sales.
-Sales Management Experience and managing without authority.
Experience with growing significant customer relationships interfacing with executive level decision makers
Experience with large customer management and with strategic customer management.
Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills.
Experience in strategic business planning.
Strong financial business acumen.
Strong background in value based selling.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
B. A. or equivalent work experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .