Siemens Senior National Operations Manager - Digitilization and Fault Detection and Diagnostics - Building Technologies - Buffalo Grove, IL in Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Senior National Operations Manager - Digitilization and Fault Detection and Diagnostics - Building Technologies - Buffalo Grove, IL
Locations:Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Job Family: Project Management
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 200397
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 75%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Provides operations and business management support to Zone management teams. Identifies project and program opportunities with high impact to profitability and productivity improvement. Generates business case and financial analysis, manages program through development and supports implementation. Mentors and guides assigned management teams on the execution of day-to-day business, understanding, implementing and utilizing company policies, procedures, practices, and tools. Participates in the development, implementation, proactive support, and maintenance of company products, standards, policies, and procedures, best practices, and tools within a matrix organization. Functions as a formal and informal trainer to operations staff, supervisors and management on business management, operations and related subjects. Monitors progress and recommends course of action. Manages relationships between key account customers, local operations and management functions with key account sales management. Facilitates interaction and communication with field operations to maintain a common reference. Knowledgeable in all aspects of operations (both systems and service) including business processes, standard practices, tools, and financial systems with a secondary focus on sales administration and general management. Exposure to a variety of major market areas (i.e. pharmaceutical/industrial, healthcare and laboratory, institutional and communication, and education). Comprehensive field experience and knowledge of the building systems industry (HVAC, mechanical service, lighting control, lab control, and integration). Excellent verbal and written communication skills, computer skills, financial skills and effective project management skills.
This position will focus on the technical support and delivery of digital platforms to the field operations management teams and their respective field organization. Successfully defines work flows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness. Area of responsibility has high strategic impact. Has substantial latitude to develop programs for area of responsibility or products and to forecast their impact; Analyzes effectiveness of products / services and establishes future direction for functional programs or products that affect company as a whole; Aligns products and development efforts with company strategies. Identifies resource needs with significant influence on approval of identified needs. Troubleshoots and resolves most complex problems within multi-departments and/or cross-functional areas. Determines organizational structures and supervisory relationship, responsible for overall success of function or project within multi-departments and/or cross-functional areas.
• Direct recent experience in front of customers addressing maintenance program execution and sales support.
• Experience related to managing Service Operations for Building Services (Mechanical, Electrical, Building Automation, Life Safety and Security)
• Experience related to organizational culture change in maintenance organizations through change management methodologies.
• An understanding of the basic value proposition of Analytics and Fault Detection.
• An understanding of the technical architecture components of Analytics and Fault Detection methodology, software and systems.
• A technical understanding of data acquisition requirements and considerations from BAS Systems
• Experience with using Fault Detection and Analytics to drive maintenance and energy improvement projects a plus.
• An understanding of mature maintenance practices including predictive services a plus.
• An understanding of how to architect, implement and manage building performance improvement programs.
Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area managed and good knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact. Demonstrates full understanding of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or other technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Certification may be required in some areas.
• Typically 10+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree may be substituted for experience, where applicable.
• Ability to travel up to 50%.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .