Siemens Senior Key Account Manager - Global Accounts - Building Technologies - Major US City in Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Senior Key Account Manager - Global Accounts - Building Technologies - Major US City
Locations:Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Sales, Control Products & Systems
Requisition Number: 209692
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 60%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Senior Key Account Manager – Global Accounts – Siemens Building Technologies, Controls Products & Systems (CPS) reporting to the Sr. Sales Manager OEM.
We have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Key Account Manager within our Building Technology Division. In this role, you will be responsible for managing OEM relationships of assigned key accounts in our industry. You will represent the entire offering provided by various segments of the Building Technology Division.
The Senior Key Account Manager will focus on increasing market share and revenue growth within a targeted OEM account. You will have the strategic function of developing and leading overall growth, retention, and strategic planning of the Global Key Account initiative within the HVAC OEM channel.
The successful candidate will possess a proven track record of delivering results for a minimum of 10 years in progressively responsible sales roles, ideally focused on the HVAC and/or Building Automation Systems markets. A mindset that balances, strategy, execution and results is critical. Preferably, he/she will be experienced in a company that manufactures and markets technically complex controls products through a variety of distribution channels. He/she will have earned a reputation for leadership and innovative approaches in complex markets, ultimately executing for revenue and market share growth. Additional traits and competencies that define the successful candidate are:
· A demonstrated track record of executing against sales targets
· You have the ability to interact successfully with external and internal stakeholders and “lead by influence” in a multi-cultural matrix organization
· Ability to collaborate across many disciplines
· Proven ability to work with and adjust to different cultures
· Attack problems and quickly work through to resolution
· Embraces change and proactively looks for ways to improve strategy
· Strong customer orientation / Voice of the Customer Driven
· Highly intelligent and very resourceful with strong customer facing abilities
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization
· You have full account responsibility and together with a global team of regional sales representatives you act as first point of contact for your key customer.
· Active communication with our key client, conducting regular business reviews and identifying short and long term opportunities to strengthen the partnership. The job owner will be instrumental in setting targets, developing and executing global strategies and managing the execution of any action plans.
· You identify and assess your customer’s critical needs, define and manage those requirements in collaboration with our various divisions and segments while keeping your key accounts informed. You involve your customers in new product developments and manage regular product management update meetings.
· Owning the global supply contract and keeping track of all contractual obligations, you are accountable for the regular legal and commercial international frame agreement negotiations. Leading a global account team (functional responsibility) for each of your key accounts, you coordinate and manage cross-border activities.\
· You will own Global account coordination and Project/Opportunity pipeline development & tracking
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· 10+ years HVAC OEM Key Account Management sales experience
· Bachelors degree
· Successful track record in new account development and revenue growth within existing accounts
· Strong project management skills
· Proficient in MS Office including PowerPoint and Excel
· Analysis, planning, and forecasting
· Strong communication and presentation skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· HVAC systems understanding
· Preferred Mechanical or Electrical degree
· Building automation controls experience
· Senior level sales and relationship building experience
· Experience selling to HVAC Manufactures
· Experience in Strategic selling
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .