Siemens Senior Energy Engineer - Enterprise Energy and Sustainability - Building Technologies - Buffalo Grove, IL in Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Senior Energy Engineer - Enterprise Energy and Sustainability - Building Technologies - Buffalo Grove, IL
Locations:Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 200428
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
The Sr. Energy Engineer plays a key role in the growth of the Siemens Enterprise Building Performance and Sustainability organization. The primary goal of the position is to work directly with clients, and be part of engineering teams to identify, analyze and quantify energy conservation projects across a range of industries and building types. The position reports to the Director, Energy Efficiency and Sustainability Consulting.
• Conducts facility site visits, analyzes current situation and produces facility improvement measures plans.
• Assists the sales and operations teams in the development of proposals and pricing. Interacts directly with customers during the sales process as necessary.
• Performs and supervises preliminary and detailed facility audits to identify facility improvement measures (FIMS) and/or savings opportunities.
• Coordinates and leads facility site visits and communicates with outside vendors as it pertains to FIMS. Assists sales in identification and qualification of potential projects.
• Leads or assists in the development of preliminary and final project proposals. Analyzes utility data, system diagrams and other information, and performs site surveys to identify mechanical, electrical, and control systems and determine facility operational characteristics.
• Applies building energy simulation programs to develop energy, cooling, and heating load-building models using modeling software.
• Develops design concepts and other written documentation to sales and management concerning recommended FIMS, including accurate descriptions, savings potential, cost estimates and back up data to verify FIMS.
• Prepares financial models related to payment including an understanding of ROI, life cycle costing and internal rate of return. Investigates available utility and other rebates and incentives.
• Participates in client meetings and presentations.
• Creates performance assurance plans and monitors project performance particularly those that guarantee savings.
Required Education, Experience and Knowledge
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other related field.
• Master’s degree preferred.
Industry and Technical Experience Required:
• 5+ years of engineering experience; consulting experience preferred.
• Expertise in a range of building types. Preference for experience with industrial facilities.
• Developed presentation and communication skills to effectively communicate verbally and in writing at all professional levels within an organization are needed.
• Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification and state certification as an Engineer or Engineer in Training required. LEED Credentials preferred.
• The ideal work location for this position is Buffalo Grove, IL. However, residing in other major cities within the US will be considered. Up to 50% travel within the USA is expected.
Preferred Education, Experience and Knowledge
• Past experience as part of a team of engineers is desirable.
• Education level: Bachelor’s Degree in engineering field, Master’s preferred.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, and support sales teams and project development efforts.
• Experience identifying energy savings opportunities in Industrial facilities is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .