Siemens Project Development Engineer - Enterprise Energy and Sustainability - Building Technologies - Buffalo Grove, IL in Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Project Development Engineer - Enterprise Energy and Sustainability - Building Technologies - Buffalo Grove, IL
Locations:Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 200424
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
The Project Development Engineer plays a key role in the growth of the Siemens Enterprise Building Performance and Sustainability organization. The primary goal of the role is to fully develop energy conservation projects from concept to delivery, working with and leading engineering teams to analyze and quantify opportunity costs and savings for projects across a range of industries and building type. The role will have a national, regional and potentially global scope. The position reports to the Director, Enterprise Energy and Sustainability.
• Performs and supervises preliminary and detailed facility audits to identify facility improvement measures (FIMS) and savings opportunities.
• Responsible for coordination of project develop teams, to include energy engineers, project managers, measurement & verification engineers, etc. Includes both centralized and site-specific resources.
• Completes complex energy calculations, material specification, schematic preparation and follow-up to ensure proper and effective implementation.
• Coordinates and leads facility site visits and communicates with outside vendors as it pertains to FIMS.
• Analyzes utility data, system diagrams and other information, and performs site surveys to identify mechanical, electrical, and control systems and determine facility operational characteristics.
• Applies building energy simulation programs to develop energy, cooling, and heating load-building models using modeling software as necessary.
• Develops design concepts and other written documentation to sales and management concerning recommended FIMS, including accurate descriptions, savings potential, cost estimates and back up data to verify FIMS.
• Prepares financial models related to payment including an understanding of ROI, life cycle costing and internal rate of return. Investigates available utility and other rebates and incentives.
• Participates in client meetings and presentations.
• Creates performance assurance plans and monitors project performance particularly those that guarantee savings.
• Managers overall project development timelines and deliverables.
Required Education, Experience and Knowledge
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other related field.
• Master’s degree preferred.
Industry and Technical Experience Required:
• 5+ years of engineering and project development experience.
• Experience developing large energy projects required.
• Expertise in a range of building types. Preference for background in industrial facilities.
• Developed presentation and communication skills to effectively communicate verbally and in writing at all professional levels within an organization are needed.
• Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification required
• LEED Credentials preferred.
• The ideal work location for this position is Buffalo Grove, IL. However, residing in other major cities within the US will be considered. Up to 50% travel is expected.
Preferred Education, Experience and Knowledge
• Past experience as part of a team of engineers is desirable.
• Education level: Bachelor’s Degree in engineering field, Master’s preferred.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, and support sales teams and project development efforts.
• Experience identifying energy savings opportunities in industrial facilities highly desirable.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .