Siemens National Account Manager - Control Product Systems - Building Tehnologies - Major US City in Buffalo Grove, Illinois
National Account Manager - Control Product Systems - Building Tehnologies - Major US City
Locations:Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Sales, Control Products & Systems
Requisition Number: 200405
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
This position can be based out of any major US city.
The National Account Manager is responsible for managing and growing an assigned national customer base, achieving growth and volume projections for installers/contractors in the HVAC and related markets.
• Proficiently develops and implements plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities in the national installer market.
• Develops high quality best total solutions that fit customer strategic and operational requirements.
• Successfully develops new and expands existing accounts in assigned market to achieve growth and profit goals.
• Develops and maintains relationships at prospective and authorized representative accounts.
• Conducts ongoing assessment of sales goals within assigned area and determines how to focus efforts to achieve incremental sales growth within the strategic plan.
• Identifies key accounts within territory based on growth potential, local market share and establishes specific sales goals and strategies.
• Communicates marketing programs and product developments to accounts to maximize sales potential.
• Contributes to the development of the long term strategic plan and pricing strategies.
• Monitors competitor activities and market trends.
• Prepares accurate and thorough customer account activities, sales activity reports, competitor reports, forecast reports and expense tracking and reporting.
• Develops strong relationships with existing and new customer base through participation in civic and professional organizations, sales department meetings, workshops and seminars.
• Participates in vertical market trade shows and becomes a company advocate in national association meetings.
• Continues to pursue in depth market, products and services knowledge and acquires deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
• Works with largest accounts and upper level decision makers practicing executive level selling skills to achieve highest level of account penetration.
• Develops and implements plans for strategic accounts that exceed expectations in revenue retention/growth, account profitability, and customer satisfaction/loyalty.
• Pursues long-term account strategy that maximizes profits.
• May identify, develop and manage channel partners to achieve channel goals.
• Assists in cultivating long-term relationships with the appropriate key account decision makers.
• Develops a complete understanding of the organization's structure and key buying influences of assigned account.
• Performs client presentations articulating the value proposition of product / solution / service offerings.
• Provides management with suggestions for improving volume, market share and price levels.
• May develop forecasts, budgets and operating plans for sales channels.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor degree or equivalent with an emphasis in engineering or a related technical field is preferred.
• Five to seven years of experience with proven sales and national account management skills in HVAC or similar industry.
• In depth product and consulting service knowledge with strong technical and financial skills essential.
• Excellent verbal, written, organizational and negotiation skills necessary.
• 25-50% travel requirement – national travel
• Effective communicator, presenter, and account planner
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .