Siemens Business Development Manager - Energy Services - Building Technologies - Buffalo Grove, IL in Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Business Development Manager - Energy Services - Building Technologies - Buffalo Grove, IL
Locations:Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Job Family: Marketing
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 200378
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Provides overall leadership in the conceptualization, design, development and successful market implementation of Energy Services processes and programs. In conjunction with the global Energy Service leaders, acts as team leader in completing a strategic analysis, strategy definition, business plan and implementation of all activities required for development of the Siemens Building Technologies (SBT) Energy Services business.
• Leads a team of internal and external resources to develop, effectively sell and execute all SBT Energy Service offerings, ensuring business plans and financial goals are met.
• Leads the successful development, introduction and implementation of Energy Service business portfolio, plans and activities in the US and later globally to SBT leaders and customers.
• Defines SBT total Energy Service offering, value proposition and market positioning in close collaboration with US and global leaders including make or buy decisions.
• With other internal automation leaders, recommends direction and leads implementation of products, solutions and services developed or acquired into the SBT organization.
• Leads and assists in the creation and maintenance of a development/acquisition Energy Service roadmap and detailed business plan jointly with other global and local management leaders.
• Identifies and/or supports acquisition and business development activities with key customers in selected vertical markets.
• Provides acquisition or partnership recommendations to management and develops close working partnerships with those involved.
• Oversees the integration of the Energy Service business into necessary SBT business processes and resources.
• Acts as key leader in market introduction of new product, solution and service offerings. Initiates and oversees internal R&D development leaders and provides Energy Service management marketing, sales and training leadership expertise.
• Identifies, acquires and manages internal and external development resources.
• Provides quality staff management and administrative responsibilities including: performance evaluation, mentoring, skills development, disciplinary actions, recruitment, and salary management as needed.
• Ensures successful execution of business plan and project tasks.
• Demonstrates and communicates a complete understanding of Energy Service technologies through an expert knowledge of building applications functionality, end-user operations and customer requirements.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering or related field required.
• Ten+ years of proven success in sales, operations, or general management role plus proven expertise in the development of a market and a business unit.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Incumbents should be recognized as experts within their chosen industry.
• Excellent knowledge of automation controls with working knowledge of the life cycle of an automation system (selling, engineering, commissioning, and service aspects).
• Advanced understanding of business methodologies used to implement high quality system and product level solutions.
• Utilizes understanding of documentation and practices to support acquisition of corporate patents.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .