Siemens Project Manager - Service R&D in Boulder, Colorado
Project Manager - Service R&D
Job Family: Project Management
Division: Power Generation Services
Business Unit: Wind Power and Renewables
Requisition Number: 200333
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/power-generation-services.htm
Project Manager - Service R&D
In Service Wind Power we are establishing a global R&D department for the development of new service products. The R&D organization will consist of various R&D domains.
For this new department we are looking for R&D Project Manager to drive the R&D projects with sub suppliers. We want to accelerate the innovation that hit the installed fleet and for this we want to explore even further the opportunities for collaboration with partners and sub suppliers.
• Screen for new product development opportunities with sub suppliers in collaboration with Procurement and Product Lifecycle Management
• Driving R&D projects with sub suppliers
• Setting up partnerships with technical partners
• Specify work packages for outsourcing
• Lead the interface to Siemens Wind Power
• Execute the implementation on specific customer sites
• Ensure proper validation and documentation
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
•You have 8+years of related experience
• You have a Master degree in Engineering
• You have experience with Wind Turbines and the Wind Industry
• You have experience in setting up technology partnerships
• You have a Project Management experience preferably with certificate
• You have stakeholder engagement and management skills
• You have experience in multi-disciplinary projects in an international environment working with many different interfaces
• You are proactive, structured and a strong communicator as well as result and solution oriented
• You are a team player with ability to motivate your team members
• You have excellent English skills, both orally and in writing
• You are willing to travel 30-40 days per year
MS/PhD in related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
Key Working Relationships
Primarily intra-organizational contacts and some external contacts.
It is essential that you are able to work and thrive independently and in a team environment, have a systematic and well-organized approach, maintain solid oversight of projects and activities, and be able to effectively communicate both up and down cross our global organization.
We offer exciting challenges and opportunities in an innovative, global company at the leading edge of green technology. Our working environment is open, energetic, inspiring, fun, and diverse.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .