Siemens Blade Design Chief Engineer in Boulder, Colorado
Blade Design Chief Engineer
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Wind Power and Renewables
Business Unit: Technology
Requisition Number: 200638
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Wind Power & Renewables (WP)
Over the past decade, Siemens has established itself as a leader in America’s wind energy industry with over 5,000 “Made for America” wind turbines installed across the U.S. Siemens is committed to growing wind power through products that are proven, reliable, and durable – striving to drive down costs and increase wind as a share of the nation’s energy mix. A national network of service technicians keep turbines operating at maximum capacity.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/wind-power-and-renewables.htm
Blade Design Chief Engineer
Siemens Wind Power (SWP) is a dominant player in the global wind turbine market and maintains its position by offering state-of-the-art products made possible by a team of exceptional employees. SWP is currently seeking highly talented and motivated candidates for the Blade Design Chief Engineer position at our Boulder Center of Competence to drive the design of the next generation turbine blades project and technology projects.
Responsible for new blade designs at SWP, the Boulder Center of Competence brings together a multi-disciplinary group of engineering experts in aerodynamics, acoustics, structures, loads and controls that work concurrently to solve design and technology problems.
The Blade Design Chief Engineer (CE) is responsible for the technical content/output within blade design; providing input to the technology roadmap, tools, and design manuals. Blade Design Chief Engineer (CE) is responsible for the quality of deliverables in new technology and blade projects. The CE also engages in coaching; mentoring and guiding junior employees; supervision and reviewing work on specific projects; and resolving conflicting design requirements, solutions or approaches.
• Responsible for outlining tasks and work streams together with other chief engineers and platform owners and project managers.
• Maintain close communication and overall process/procedure alignment with the project management organization in headquarters
• Provide Technical guidance on the Blade department’s technology roadmap and strategy.
• Provide technical guidance in both New Product Development (NPD) and Technology Development (TD) projects.
• Responsible for cross-disciplinary alignment and communication between the blade design department and other component departments during NPD or TD projects.
• Use engineering judgment to evaluate and review new design and technology concepts.
• Coordinate technical issues across projects.
• Responsible for organizing knowledge-sharing sessions with other experts.
• Train and guide junior employees within their technical field.
• Continually challenges the status quo to foster innovation, improve quality, or reduce design cycle time.
• Provide input to the technology roadmap, tools, and design manuals
• Responsible for the quality of deliverables in new technology and blade projects
Successful candidates are required to possess the following:
Educational background in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering.
Over 8 years of experience in wind rotor design
Master Degree required
Have cross-disciplinary understanding of the blades design process and overall value-chain
Knowledge and experience in product development processes
Engineering experience in the wind industry
Ability to solve difficult technical challenges through innovation, dedication and cooperation with a global team
Engineering experience in wind turbine blades design and manufacturing
Ability to work and thrive both independently and in a team environment
Have a systematic and well-organized approach, and maintain solid oversight of projects
Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
Successful candidates are desired to possess the following:
-International engineering experience preferred
-Previous experience in cross functional and international teams
-Experience in technical leadership and mentorship
-Project management skills
We offer exciting challenges and career opportunities in an innovative, global company at the leading edge of green technology. Our working environment is open, inspiring, and diverse. We provide opportunities for both your personal and professional development.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .