Siemens Sr. Sales Executive - Fire Alarm Solutions (New Construction) - Long Island, NY in Bohemia, New York
Sr. Sales Executive - Fire Alarm Solutions (New Construction) - Long Island, NY
Locations:Bohemia, New York
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 200445
Primary Location: United States-New York-Bohemia
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for an experienced and dynamic Fire Alarm Solutions Sr. Sales Executive to support our growing Long Island, NY territory. The Sr. Sales Executive is Contractor-Focused and has the primary responsibility to manage and grow the new construction business, as well as additions/renovations/retro-fits/migrations in the assigned territory through the electrical contracting tier and electrical consulting engineers. We are looking for a Hunter rather than a Farmer to fill this role. This person will report to the Area Sales Manager.
• Perform sales of fire alarms systems
• Effectively performs needs assessments, develops sales proposals, estimates, specifications and presentations.
• Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
• Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensures a smooth sales to operations turnover and monitors progress. Assists in resolving installation, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed. Assists customers and potential customers with problems involving the use of company products and services and recommends suitable resolutions accordingly.
• Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
• Participates in civic and professional organizations, and sales department meetings, workshops and seminars.
• Keeps current on market business and product trends.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering preferred, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED Equivalent is a minimum requirement) and experience will also be considered
• At least 3 years’ experience both selling (80%) and maintaining accounts (20%) in the Fire Solutions business
• NICET Level II Certification or higher strongly desired
• Excellent oral and written skills
• Successful track record in sales, selling to Electrical Contractors and property managers.
• Hunter sales mentality
• Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license in good standing; must meet eligibility requirements to drive a Siemens company vehicle
Why Siemens? We offer:
• A competitive base salary plus a generous, no cap limit, commission plan
• Health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
• Company Vehicle for business and personal use with gas card
• Extensive sales and product training and career development
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .