Siemens Account Executive - Building Performance & Sustainability - Higher Education - Blue Bell, PA in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
Account Executive - Building Performance & Sustainability - Higher Education - Blue Bell, PA
Locations:Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 201471
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
The Account Executive supports the Building Performance and Sustainability (BPS) segment within Siemens Building Technologies. The primary responsibility of the Account Executive is selling energy and building infrastructure solutions offered by the BPS business segment. The vertical market focus for this position is Higher Education.
The BPS mission for Higher Education is to increase the value and competitiveness of our customers by delivering infrastructure solutions that; modernize the campus, enhance the learning environment, create operational efficiencies, enhance an institution’s financial position, mitigate future business risk, and promote the institution’s commitment to improving the environment.
The geographical territory for the position will the Mid-Atlantic area consisting of: Central and Eastern Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey, and Delaware. Ideally this position will be based out of Blue Bell, PA, however other locations within the zone will also be considered.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Identify, qualify, develop and sell complex energy and infrastructure solutions for customers within the private and public Higher Education markets.
• Individual should be a “hunter” and have the ability to articulate his/her position and/or subject matter clearly and concisely. The ability to formulate and sell high level conceptual financial and technical ideas is critical.
Qualifications the ideal candidate will have include:
• Bachelor’s Degree with a preference in business, engineering or a similar field strongly desired, although candidates with a combination of education (High School Diploma or GED equivalency a minimum requirement) and experience will also be considered.
• Minimum of four to six years of “consultative sales experience” calling on Higher Education’s C-suite.
• Strong and established regional network within the Higher Education community.
• Aptitude to gain an understanding and working knowledge of technical, engineering-oriented, information in order to convey the full value proposition to the customer.
• Proven ability selling complex, high dollar solutions or services
• Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
• Financial Aptitude - possesses strong business acumen with a thorough knowledge of financial structures related to operating leases, services agreement structures, cash flows, and pro-forma. A detailed understanding of the changing financial requirements of Higher Education is strongly desired.
• Project Management Skills - possesses strong planning and organizational skills. A team leader that is detail oriented and holds others accountable for commitments.
• Cross-functional Experience - possesses the ability to lead a team selling effort, which requires development of collaborative plans with members of other sales groups, product groups, operations, service, marketing and manufacturing.
• Results and Achievement Orientation - possesses the continual drive to exceed goals and previous accomplishments. Demands quality and will not accept substandard performance from self and others.
• Network Builder - possesses the ability to expand on existing relationships and create new relationships both internally and within the marketplace.
• Strategic Influence and Communication - possesses the ability to develop clear and specific rationales tailored to different internal groups and external customers. Predicts others’ concerns and objections and develops specific influence strategies to overcome them. Strong written and oral presentation skills are a must.
• Problem Solving and Analytical Thinking - possesses the ability to identify current or potential barriers to meeting customer commitments and the solutions necessary to achieve the desired outcome.
• Negotiation Skills - possesses the ability to drive and achieve positive results through others.
Why Siemens? We offer:
• A competitive base salary plus a generous, no cap limit, commission plan
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
• Company Vehicle for business and personal use with gas card
• Extensive sales and product training and career development
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .