Siemens Electrician in Billerica, Massachusetts
Job Family: Customer Services
Business Unit: Intelligent Traffic Systems
Requisition Number: 217328
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Billerica
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens Mobility Division
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
Siemens Intelligent Traffic Solutions
Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is a global leader in moving traffic, with thousands of mobility professionals world-wide. We imagine, develop, and build some of the most innovative products in the world to support the movement of traffic. Some of these products are regionally specific, while others bring together teams of individuals to meet this challenge on a global scale.
At Siemens ITS we positively impact the quality of life of millions of American drivers daily by making the products and offering services that help traffic flow safely and efficiently.
The Electrician position is responsible for the installation and preventative maintenance of street lights and troubleshooting of streetlight problems, in addition to project work such as LED lighting retrofits. The Electrician may work independently or as part of a team to provide optimum service levels to agency customers.
· Maintain, repair and install all types of street lighting
· Perform routine maintenance as required
· Perform LED replacements
· Perform other duties as required by area supervisor
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· 1-3+ years recent, verifiable experience as a street light maintenance technician or construction groundman
· Must have Traffic Signal Experience, current or past holder of IMSA Certifications.
· Must have current Journeyman or Master Electrical License with the State of Massachusetts
· IMSA Work Safety Zone certification
· Experience performing aerial work from a bucket truck
· Excellent electrical troubleshooting experience
· Must be team oriented and customer focused
· Must have a valid driver's license and an insurable driving record
· Must be able and willing to work at heights typically associated with repair, installation, and maintenance of streetlights or traffic signals
· Must be able to pass a DOT (Dept. of Transportation) physical exam and drug test
· Must be able to lift 60 – 70 pounds of materials and equipment
Desired Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Experience working with the Acuity ROAM system is highly desirable
· Massachusetts Commercial Driver’s License, Massachusetts Hoisting License desirable but not required, must be able to obtain within 1 year from hire.
· Electrical Licenses in other New England States desirable as well but not required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .