Siemens Head of Procurement – Molecular Diagnostics in Berkeley, California
Head of Procurement – Molecular Diagnostics
Job Family: SCM-Procurement / Logistics & ECC
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Strategy & Innovation
Requisition Number: 200433
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
The Head of Procurement, MDX is responsible for all procurement activities within the Molecular Diagnostics business line. He/She is the main point of contact to all internal and external parties and represents the procurement function for MDX in the overall organization. He/She has significant interactions across all functions, directs all MDX related procurement activities and manages the relationships with vendors and suppliers. The position reports functionally into the Head of Procurement, LD and disciplinary to the Head of Business Administration, MDX.
• Main point of contact regarding all procurement related issues for the MDX business
• Drive supplier selection for new products as well as identify new sources for existing materials in close cooperation with engineering and marketing
• Participate in price negotiations and manage supply agreements in close interaction with Legal
• Initiate, drive and control productivity measures (CNI)
• Chair business reviews with key suppliers and participate in supplier audits as needed
• Perform annual supplier evaluations, including strategic, risk and performance assessment
• Direct buying activity for all indirect, direct and OEM materials
• Close interaction with Marketing and Supply Chain regarding procurement planning and provide forecasts to suppliers
• Participate in project and operations meetings (R&D, product health, Ops, extended MT, etc.)
• Represent the MDX business at central meetings of the Healthineers Procurement function
• Act as coach and mentor for the MDX organization in procurement questions
• Support the Quality team to maintain high quality standards and proactively work with vendors to avoid quality issues and resolve open issues in a timely manner
• Frequent interaction with internal departments, corporate functions as well as external parties, primarily vendors and suppliers, but also regulatory bodies
• Degree in Business Administration, Economics or similar combined with 8-10 years professional working experience, preferably from a large international company
• Ability to work with stakeholders in complex organizational structures
• Strong sense of ownership and willingness to drive topics across different functions
• Multi-year professional experience in Procurement is a must
• Strong knowledge of IT tools such as SAP and other relevant IT Applications, e.g. MS Excel
• Strong analytical skills and the ability and desire to plan, control, and contribute to solving complex problems.
• Flexible and able to work effectively in a team-oriented / changing environment to conceptualize and socialize ideas
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet dynamic and multiple deadlines
• Strong negotiation skills to improve price points with vendors
• Ability to communicate across organizational levels, functions and cultures
• “Hands on mentality” necessary
Job Family Responsibilities:
Develops very complex buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials; expedites as needed and serves as liaison between vendors and users. Resolves very complex delivery, quality or other related problems with purchases and invoices. Develops project plans and purchasing systems; reviews and analyzes requisitions and supply plans for domestic and international purchases. Negotiates prices, terms and quality requirements; develops requests for quotes and develops new supply sources; evaluates market conditions. Guides value analysis to identify cost improvements, develops cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis, alternative sourcing and vendor evaluation criteria.
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Demonstrates significant knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.Typically 8-10 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Direction of Others:
Provides specialized guidance or train support and/or professional staff. Leadership qualities and role model qualities demonstrated.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .