Siemens Sr Designer/Drafter in Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Process Industries and Drives
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 200757
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
R&D Mechanical Designer
The Mechanical Designer is a member of the R&D Mechanical Engineering Team designing Process Gas Chromatograph product solutions. This position reports to the R&D Engineering Manager – Mechanical within the PD PA – Process Automation Organization Unit for Siemens Industry, Inc..
• Initiates engineering changes and completes design drawings to suit engineering changes.
• Completes the creation of assembly and detail drawings for complex products.
• Performs compilation of materials and specification sheets.
• Participates in determining dimensions/specifications necessary on drawings.
• Participates in the design of cost-effective products with adherence to applicable industry and customer standards/specifications.
• Participates in semi-complex investigations related to product design and maintenance.
• Performs review of engineering drawings and supporting documents for adherence to drafting standards.
• Completes planning test programs and assists in the evaluation of prototypes.
• May perform engineering calculations.
• Selects material based on application; may coordinate procurement.
Required Knowledge / Skills, Education, and Experience:
• US Citizenship or Permanent Residency required
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology (Mechanical emphasis) or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Typically two to five years of experience in product design/development in an industrial or high-tech environment and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities as presented above.
• Familiarity with 3D CAD design tools such as NX (Unigraphics or UG) or Solidworks; AutoCAD experience is not sufficient.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to handle different projects simultaneously.
• Good affinity for the understanding of the physics and mechanical aspects of a product and its application.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• The ability to work and communicate effectively within an international team of engineers.
• A minimal amount of travel will be required.
Preferred Knowledge / Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Experience with mechanical or electrical hardware development
• Experience in the field of process automation and process analytics (gas chromatography)
• Experience with NX and/or Teamcenter (Siemens PLM) tools
• Basic knowledge of North American and European standards a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .