Siemens Senior Field Service Engineer-Intelligent Traffic Solutions in Austin, Texas
Senior Field Service Engineer-Intelligent Traffic Solutions
Job Family: Customer Services
Business Unit: Intelligent Traffic Systems
Requisition Number: 200209
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 75%
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
On highways, down inner city streets, through tunnels and railway crossings. An endless stream of cars, trains, buses. Traffic is a complex, nonstop challenge for major city centers and small communities alike. Coordinating traffic, staying on top of its ebbs and flows, is a complex, demanding task for emergency support personnel, city planners and transportation system operators everywhere.
Reliable network communications are a critical necessity for monitoring and managing increasingly complex transportation infrastructures. Knowing what is happening and where, from tracking buses and trains on their routes, to locating and addressing stalled vehicles, to connecting drivers with important information about road and traffic conditions – effective traffic management demands intelligent transportation systems.
Reporting to the Head of Project Management, this position works closely with Project Managers, Distributors and Customers. The goal of this position is to provide high quality execution of ITS-Traffic system engineering/consulting work that meets or exceeds job/project/contract budget and schedule, and is in compliance with established procedures and protocols.
• Ability to understand and troubleshoot communications issues with ITS devices such as signs, cameras, and traffic controllers
• Ensuring appropriate and professional communication with customers, customer representatives, contractors, etc. May estimate and propose routine or semi-complex projects.
• Performing all software deployment and integration tasks for assigned projects.
• Assist in the resolution of support tickets relating to complex traffic management software issues.
• Meeting or exceeding the project budgets and schedules- inform Management of all issues that may affect budgets, quality, or schedule. Participating in developing a plan to address the issue. Ensuring completion of the work per the scope of the contract. Identifying any scope gaps or change orders - inform management. Identifying potential productivity opportunities.
• Ensuring all required documentation is completed in proper format and by due dates- this includes items such as Timesheets, Work Orders, Follow Ups, Daily Logs, P-card, expenses, etc. Ensuring proper filing/storage of engineering documentation- i.e. drawings, version history, scope documents, RFI's.
• Participating in training/development plan activities
• Complying with corporate policies, processes and protocols
• Familiar with complex system installation and troubleshooting in a Windows environment
1) Ability to travel up to 50% of the time. This will vary.
2) Reside in or move to Austin, TX area. If not traveling, it is expected to be in the office.
3) 3- 5 years of experience in ITS world working on cabinets and controllers, and hungry to learn more about Connected Vehicle technology, Adaptive and Central vehicular traffic management system and exposure to communication equipment. This person will be actively deploying solutions at customer location.
4) IMSA affiliation, Level 1 certification in the next 1 year of hire.
5) Well versed in Sychro/SimTraffic, VISSIM and other traffic related software.
6) A BS/MS degree or equivalent in Civil/Traffic/Transportation Engineering with a solid background in principles and practices of Traffic Engineering.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .