Siemens Mindsphere Senior Director, Solutions Architect in Austin, Texas
Mindsphere Senior Director, Solutions Architect
Multiple Locations:Austin, Texas; San Francisco, California; Boston, Massachusetts; Detroit, Michigan
Job Family: Strategy
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management
Requisition Number: 211456
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Other Locations: United States-Michigan-Detroit, United States-Massachusetts-Boston, United States-California-San Francisco
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide.
Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Manufacturing Operations
Management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
Mindsphere Senior Director, Solutions Architect
As a key member of the Partner Leadership team, this role is responsible for leading a global technical team of Solution Architects. This individual will have a clear understanding of the Siemens MindSphere platform, including the overall value proposition and the technology which underpins it. Key focus areas of the role will include developing and hiring the industry bests who can help partners develop, deliver and solution Mindsphere related applications and vertical products for IOT industry. The team will be supporting both sales pursuits driven by the partner eco-system and the Mindsphere sales teams and in all cases ensuring that Partners are technically capable to sell & deliver the end to end solution. The role will ensure that product management teams are getting feedback from key strategic partners and shaping the roadmap to meet their needs. When new partners are identified this team will ensure they are technically ramped on Mindsphere and able to quickly develop and launch applications. Success will be measured on a combination of technical achievements around partner capabilities / solutions they develop and the revenue pulled through. This team will be supporting all types of partners – ISV, SI, Connection, Software and OEMs and will have to tailor support to meet the different needs.
Revenue will primarily be driven via customized sell-through business models, working closely with independent software vendors (ISVs), industrial equipment providers, and other solution providers to develop capabilities and/or applications (e.g., MindApps) based on the MindSphere IoT platform.
● Hire and develop Solution Architect community
● Enablement of partner technical community working through the solution architects
● Engage Partners on their technical needs and develop new enablement solutions
● Engage Product Management on roadmap and technical requirements
● Build strategy and execute partner enablement paths for technical achievement
● Engage at Sr. Technical levels inside partners to ensure Siemens solutions are preferred
● Build partner specific partner solutions that can be taken to market
● Understand the competition and use knowledge to effectively position Siemens MindSphere to win.
● Operate under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
● Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years pre-sales / Architect experience in the industry selling enterprise software, Cloud or SaaS
● Candidate must have a strong history of leading technical teams and building a developer community
● Candidate will have excellent public speaking skills complemented by exceptional written and oral skills, along with strong organizational abilities.
● Candidate will have broad familiarity with a variety of technologies and expertise in a subset of those. Areas of particular emphasis are:
● Application Development Languages and Frameworks (e.g. C/C++, Java)
● Data management (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, ETL platforms)
● Cloud Platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure)
● BI & Analytics (R, SAS, Tableau)
● Connectivity solutions (edge devices)
● Network & Security
● Can articulate and understand the customer strategy and Siemens solution strategy independently.
● Understand the complex and typically long sales cycles at the strategic level.
● Must reside with easy access to a major airport.
● Flexibility in work schedules, including up to 50% travel.
● Candidate will have 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience. Experience in analytics, IoT, or big data management fields (or similar) into large strategic accounts up through the CxO level is required.
● Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
● Prefer working knowledge of manufacturing industry.
● Prefer experience selling cloud-based software solutions.
● Prefer previous experience selling OEM-based solutions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .