Siemens Security Systems (Commercial) Field Service Technician - Auburndale, MA in Auburndale, Massachusetts
Security Systems (Commercial) Field Service Technician - Auburndale, MA
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 211430
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Auburndale
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
Siemens Building Technologies is growing! We have a new opening for a Security Systems Service Technician in our Auburndale, MA office. The Field Service Technician will provide technical field service to our customer’s Security and Video Surveillance Systems at Harvard University including support during the installation and commissioning of new/expanded systems. If you’re an experienced Security Technician, or even just a mechanical-inclined hard-working individual with knowledge and experience with low-voltage wiring, we’d love for you to apply to the position!
• Performs annual preventive maintenance testing and inspecting under maintenance agreements.
• Maintaining /installing software applications/licensing for access control, video and alarm systems.
• Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting/ repairs to assigned customer systems.
• Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
• Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner.
• Makes recommendations to Siemens management team regarding system installations and service facilities.
• Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, requiring further action or material.
• Participates in on-call assignments/schedules as required.
• Must have a High School Diploma or GED Equivalency.
• Experience as a technician installing and/or maintaining Security Systems is preferred, however candidates with no security systems technician experience but with equivalent related systems (low voltage wiring) experience will also be considered.
• Must have strong customer service skills; as well as good verbal and written communications skills.
• Microsoft Office experience is preferred.
• Must be able to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an awesome Technician career opportunity, we offer:
• A competitive base salary
• Very good health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K up to 6%, and life insurance
• Career path development opportunities
• Extensive product and on-the-job training
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate. Come advance your career with Siemens!
Get a quick glance at our global engineering-powerhouse organization in this video:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .