Siemens Field Service Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
Field Service Engineer
Multiple Locations:Wendell, North Carolina; Chicago, Illinois; Boston, Massachusetts; Jacksonville, Florida; New York, New York; Charlotte, North Carolina; Detroit, Michigan; Atlanta, Georgia; St. Louis, Missouri; East Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 200472
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-East Pittsburgh, United States-Missouri-St. Louis, United States-Georgia-Atlanta, United States-Michigan-Detroit, United States-North Carolina-Charlotte, United States-New York-New York, United States-Florida-Jacksonville, United States-Massachusetts-Boston, United States-Illinois-Chicago
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 80%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
Specifically looking for candidate(s) with experience in power transmission and distribution on high and medium voltage equipment relays
This position will primarily support the South Central Region, with maintenance I&C, commissioning activities and troubleshooting emergent electrical issues.
This position may be called on to support new unit installations and commissioning activities throughout Siemens.
• Demonstrated knowledge of power transmission and distribution systems required
• Must have experience with Switchgear, MV or HV Circuit breakers
Knowledge and/or experience with SF6 Gas circuit breakers, metal clad/vacuum switchgear.
Knowledge and/or experience with breakers or high voltage equipment testing, including analyzing test results and equipment condition assessment
• Must have experience in troubleshooting & repair of electrical control circuits
• Must have very good organizational skills to plan work scope, personnel and equipment logistics
• Two or more years of directly related equipment experience
• Must have effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as good presentation skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel & PowerPoint, experience with project management software, a plus.
• Must be familiar with OSHA safety practices and perform duties within specified guidelines to ensure safety of self and supporting crew
• Must be highly motivated and a team player; must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity
• Must be available to respond for emergency and relief assignments
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .