Siemens Business Sub-Segment Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Business Sub-Segment Manager
Job Family: Strategy
Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 200467
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
Manager Data Services MO CS in the US
The Business Segment Manager for Data Services Job is located in Atlanta on the Georgia Tech campus In this job, you will be responsible for set up, development and ongoing management of a data services organization in the US with focus on rail vehicles, infrastructure and signaling topics, including the identification, hiring and development of appropriate resources, development of a US specific customer approach and financial management of the overall data services organization
Is this a fit for you?
• Intense cooperation and alignment with the DS organization in Allach (Germany) and the network of other DS satellite organization in the world
• Identification of business opportunities and US specific value propositions from data analytics enabled services for the different customer groups together with the Siemens business responsible and in close alignment with the HQ product management organization
• Management and implementation of pilot projects with customers based on data analytics as a basis for the implementation of long term data enabled service contracts with customers
• Support of the Siemens maintenance projects with data analytics and insights from data to reduce maintenance cost, innovate the service delivery and provide additional customer value propositions
• Cooperation with Georgia Tech university and innovative companies on the GT campus for research and business development topics
• Support of marketing and communication activities in the US through public presentations, participation in trade fairs, newspaper articles and especially published success stories
Successful completed university degree, preferably in the areas of engineering, computer science or mathematics
At least 10 years work experience in Service and IT (software, solutions, IT service)
Long term experience with IT projects
Multiple years experience as manager of small and medium sized teams
Experience in data enabled services or data analytics
Strong capabilities in execution and leadership required
Strong entrepreneurial spirit required
Strong capabilities for customer facing presentations and good communication skills needed, especially also towards senior management
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .