Siemens International Trade and Security Compliance Administrator - (Remote) Anywhere Continental U.S. in Arlington, Virginia
International Trade and Security Compliance Administrator - (Remote) Anywhere Continental U.S.
Job Family: Legal & Compliance
Division: Government Services
Business Unit: Government Services
Requisition Number: 200142
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs.The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/
The International Trade and Security Compliance Administrator (CA) is responsible for advising and supporting all Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) business activities and operations regarding international trade and security laws and regulations, including but not limited to U.S. export and import, supply chain security and industrial security requirements. The CA will administer the SGT international trade compliance program and support the company’s supply chain and industrial security compliance efforts. The candidate selected for this key role will report directly to the SGT VP, General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer.
Primary duties include:
• Administration of the Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) international trade (including export and import) compliance program. Interpret and provide guidance on U.S. Government export and import regulations including the Arms Export Control Act (ACEA), the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Act (EAA) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR), as they relate to SGT business activities and operations.
• Provision of comprehensive strategic export/import advice and support to SGT, initiation and implementation of strategies, programs, policies, procedures and tools to meet strategic and critical business challenges
• Working closely with and supporting Supply Chain and Industrial Security in ensuring the company’s overall international trade and security compliance program is robust and compliant with all relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
• Development, review and approval of export and import authorization requests required by SGT and ensuring all approved authorizations are obtained and communicated in a timely manner
• Preparation of export and import internal control plans and review of provisos
• Assistance/performance of audits and assessments of SGT’s international trade and security compliance program
• Development and conduct of SGT-wide, functional and program-specific trade compliance training
• Support/lead of investigations on export/import suspected violations and preparation and/or review of associated documentation; development and implementation of corrective actions
• Conduct formal presentations in meetings and respond to questions from management, employees, customers and vendors related to export/import compliance
• Support management of security procedures and protocols and administration of industrial security compliance requirements at SGT’s Wellsville, NY facility and service centers.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience. Master’s degree or technical knowledge in relevant fields a plus.
• Five (5) or more years of directly applicable, progressively responsible experience in the field of export/import licensing and compliance and export/import program administration
• Knowledge of ITAR, EAR, ATF and other US government international trade and security laws and regulations required.
• Familiarity with supply chain security compliance requirements.
• Experience or prior employment in the defense sector a plus.
• Familiarity with the FAR/DFAR a plus.
• Demonstrable program or project management skills a plus.
• Training and presentation skills and experience helpful.
• Strong organizational and administrative skills to include proficiency with MS Office Suite and relevant USG database systems.
• Position may require occasional U.S. travel to contract sites for new employee transition and compliance briefings.
• Ability to effectively interact with personnel at all levels in a dynamic work environment is required.
• Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Candidate can be located anywhere in the Continental US.
** Candidate must be a US citizen and will be subject to a government security investigation to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at the Secret level.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .