Siemens Warehouse Supervisor - Manufacturing - 2nd Shift in Alpharetta, Georgia
Warehouse Supervisor - Manufacturing - 2nd Shift
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: Process Industries and Drives
Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 201723
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with ourinnovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
The Warehouse Supervisor is an entry level management position. This position will support the GA400 Alpharetta, GA warehouse operation and reports to the Warehouse Manager. The Warehouse Supervisor monitors and manages the warehouse team, consisting of 12 materials technicians, to ensure safety, quality, delivery, and cost targets are met. The Warehouse Supervisor communicates expectations and provides direction, training, and feedback to employees. He/she works closely with cross-functional areas to support production. Further focus in this role is dedicated to developing and empowering employees and continuously improving processes.
• Conduct meetings with respective team members. Discuss status of warehouse operations. Inform team about safety issues, employee polices, & quality issues.
• Organize, monitor, and control the warehouse area with regards to assigning employees, working procedures, material, processes, and tools so safety, quality, delivery, and cost targets are met.
• Provide support to technicians by coordinating answers to technical and quality questions. Coordinate actions with support functions to resolve issues.
• Monitor key performance indicators for work centers, document deviations, and their effects. If necessary, initiate measures to resolve or avoid issues.
• Participate in Gemba meetings, Quality Gembas, 6S audits, Quality arena and safety meetings.
• Plan, assign, and assist in the training and development of employees. Track progress by updating the skills matrix and/or development plans.
• Organize, lead, and execute improvement projects and activities.
• Coordinate work practice and policy development, safety, ISO and policy administration.
• Monitor employee performance. Prepare for and conduct mid-year and end of year performance evaluation.
• Approve timesheets, PTO, and run payroll summary.
• Monitor Warehouse Management activities and perform transactions for cycle counting, material stocking, removal and other movements.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS/BA degree in related discipline OR a HS Diploma with 3 years relevant experience in Production or Supply Chain Logistics.
• Typically up to 3 years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented in the job profile.
• Mathematics – Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics, and their applications in an Operations setting.
• English Language – Able to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
• Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)– Knowledge of environmental health and safety regulations and procedures.
• Computers – Knowledge of computer software applications (SAP, MS Office [Word, Excel, Access], MS Outlook, Minitab) and hardware.
• Machines and Tools— Knowledge of machines, power tools, and hand tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Lean Manufacturing – Advanced knowledge of lean principles and techniques for optimizing processes and eliminating waste.
• Management– Advanced knowledge of management techniques for effectively coordinating efforts of available resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Leadership– Knowledge of leadership techniques for motivating and engaging a team to achieve a vision.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Demonstrates a knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures for supervised group(s). Demonstrates understanding and application of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action.
• Successful candidate will be expected to pursue and achieve the Siemens Performance Systems Expert Certification and Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification in a reasonable timeframe. These certifications require specific knowledge on the topics and also experience in the role before certification is granted.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .