Siemens Sr Systems Engineer in Alpharetta, Georgia
Sr Systems Engineer
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Process Industries and Drives
Business Unit: Process Solutions
Requisition Number: 217201
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
"Are you ready to take your Industrial Process and Drives knowledge to a new level and work for a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years?"
Siemens is in search of a Senior Systems Engineer experienced in creating integrated industrial power solutions with medium- and low-voltage variable speed drives and motors for the Cement,Minerals, Marine, andFiber industries.
The engineer who takes this position will create, implement, and commission solutions using Siemens drives, motors, and industry technology portfolio to satisfy industrial customer requirements. Our integrated solutions combine PLC control with industrial drive systems to provide higher level control and coordination. The engineer will be supported by leading global standards, products, and technical experts in every industry and an experienced local project team with decades of power, drives, and automation experience. Our team of experts, sales representatives, project managers, and field service personnel routinely collaborate to successfully execute projects and address customer needs. Opportunities include paper machine coordinated drive systems, marine electric propulsion systems, and large minerals crusher and conveyor systems, in addition to the normal assortment of industrial pump and fan solutions. Siemens industrial low voltage drives and select medium voltage drives are built locally in the US providing easy access to factory resources.
A successful engineer will be able to take a project from the proposal phase through commissioning, addressing customer concerns about design, performance, installation, commissioning, and maintenance across the whole drive train. As with any power system both electrical (power quality, dynamic controller performance, etc.) and mechanical (cooling, gearboxes/couplings, etc.) areas are of high priority. Depending on the project the engineer could be closely collaborating with power and automation engineers to execute an integrated scope or working independently on a drivetrain focused project. When in the field, the engineer will be expected to commission and troubleshoot drivetrains ranging from fractional horsepower to thousands of horsepower. As a technical expert at Siemens the engineer will be counted on to resolve challenging technical problems and represent Siemens to the customer.
• Execute customized drivetrain solutions under minimal supervision using local and global design standards, industry standards and engineering best practices.
• Stay up to date on the latest industrial solutions and new product developments within Siemens to maintain top-notch skills and knowledge.
• Provide engineering support for Sales, Project Management, Manufacturing, Field Service and Quality Assurance groups from sales through execution, commissioning, and service.
• Interface directly to project customers to answer questions, resolve comments, and present Siemens solutions.
• Develop new solutions and standardize them for use across our engineering team, where appropriate.
• Prepare project-specific documentation (system and functional descriptions, test and commissioning procedures, etc.).
• Collaborate with CAD specialists and design engineers to prepare project-specific drawing packages.
• Technically approve internal and external subcontractor products and solutions to ensure industry and customer requirements are satisfied.
• Based out of our Alpharetta, Georgia office with required domestic and international travel to other Siemens and customer facilities.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
• Education: BS in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology or equivalent.
• Thorough understanding of variable speed drives and coordinated controls.
• Knowledge of drivetrain system design.
• Industrial experience with variable speed drives and electric machines.
• Strong organization and excellent time management.
• Strong verbal and written English communication.
• Strong computer background - both productivity and industrial software.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
• Education: Masters in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• Industry knowledge in Cement, Marine, Minerals, and/or Fiber.
• Medium Voltage Experience.
• Switchgear Experience.
• PLC/HMI programming and configuration experience.
• Knowledge of SINAMICS drives and S7 PLCs.
• Field service or Commissioning background a plus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .