Siemens Sr Financial Analyst in Alpharetta, Georgia
Sr Financial Analyst
Job Family: Finance
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 213374
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
The Siemens Energy Management (EM) Finance Organization is searching for a Senior Financial Analyst to be an integral member of a highly dynamic and energetic team. The qualified candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting with a solid business understanding and previous work experience of 3 to 5 years in financial reporting and consolidation, technical accounting and process improvement. Primary responsibilities of the position are reporting of financial results in all relevant IT applications, month end close, coordinate and steer the forecast and budget reporting process of the Division.
• Complete and distribute the Division Management reporting packages and organize reviews with the Business Units (BU). Create presentations for management and assist with the preparation.
• Prepare various standard and ad hoc financial reports as well as KPIs to provide meaningful and accurate financial information to Division and BU Management.
• Ensure data integrity and accuracy of financial information in Hyperion versus ESPRIT and other downstream IT systems; monthly Esprit validation error resolution (Val2) and troubleshooting.
• Conduct monthly COPA sales activity reconciliation of new orders, revenue and backlog; ensure PCA/PA data synchronicity by assisting commercial analysts to resolve sales order settlement errors; validate accuracy of opening backlog in SAP SD, COPA and Esprit.
• Coordinate various financial audit and operational review engagements, support the team by ensuring EM respond to requests timely, communicate any potential findings early.
• Participate in annual Product Line (GCK) data migration and ensure SAP master data accuracy; assist with report extraction and query creation to support financial analysis tasks.
• Support the monthly close, forecast and annual budget process by gathering financial information from EM finance community; consolidation and verification of data submitted.
• Continuously enhance and improve reporting process and standard reports to achieve highest data quality and meet any given deadline.
• Effective collaboration with the other team members, BU management, BU performance controlling, Division management, Central Functions and other Stakeholders.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Strong technical accounting and system expertise with the ability to present at a high level or deep dive into the details; good understanding of Siemens Finance and Reporting Guidelines (FRGs) and ability to translate business discussions into clear, concise, specific requirements and deliverables.
• Solid business acumen and ability to interact and communicate with multiple levels of Management within the Division.
• Experience with Accounting and Finance in a large complex organization.
• Proven capability of driving standardization of financial processes and continuous process and performance improvement.
• Knowledge of financial analysis and documentation methods to consolidate and validate large quantity of information and complex business issues.
• Ability to effectively manage deadlines and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
• Advanced working knowledge of SAP FI/CO, SD, MM.
• Proficient in MS office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access) and ThinkCell.
• Proficient in Hyperion Planning and Essbase applications, not required but would be a plus.
• Proficient in Esprit Versions 150, 310, 320, 321, 329, BEX Reporting, SMART reporting, CF Portal; not required but would be a plus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
A competitive base salary
Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career
in a growing business. We are proud that wen people join Siemens they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .