Siemens Sr Applications Engineer in Alpharetta, Georgia
Sr Applications Engineer
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Process Industries and Drives
Business Unit: Process Solutions
Requisition Number: 201538
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For further information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.
This position reports to the Manger of the Offer Management group within the Operation & Engineering Center (OEC). The OEC supports the various business units by preparing competitive optimized Solutions based proposals for customers, managing these opportunities when they become orders and executing the projects to the customer’s satisfaction.
This position takes ownership and drives his/her assigned proposals to ensure accurate costs, compliance to customer specs and on-time delivery to the customer. He/she may also support other team members in the preparation of proposals. Industries supported may include Marine, Fibers, Mining or Cement.
• Prepares the total cost estimates for industrial applications and engineered solutions which include software, equipment, design engineering, testing, installation and commissioning
• Works closely with the business unit to evaluate the customer RFQ to create advantageous position for Siemens.
• May apply entire scope of Siemens products, solutions and services to meet the customer's business goals.
• Prepares RFQ bid packages for products and services and works closely with Purchasing to obtain competitive pricing and ensure commercial requirements are addressed by suppliers.
• Responsible for obtaining validation of the technical aspects of the solution offered in the proposal.
• Works with the team to maximize the project profitability by identifying, categorizing and minimizing risks during the proposal phase.
• Prepares technical specifications and supporting documents for delivery with the offer.
• Participates in the LOA process and/or obtains manager approval on offer release in accordance with established approval process.
• Works closely with the Project Management and Project Execution (Engineering) teams to ensure timely and accurate deliverables.
• Develops and maintains good understanding of Siemens processes and products
• Maintain, monitor and report proposal budgets and schedules.
• Supports win/loss analysis including lessons learned.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
• B.S. in Engineering or related technical degree
• 3+ years of experience in the design and/or commissioning of AC/DC Drive Systems and/or Power Systems.
• 2+ years of experience with project cost estimation and/or proposal preparation.
• Must be accurate and detailed, while working in a fast paced environment, with multiple people and projects demanding attention and time.
• Excellent communication skills
• Proficient in use of Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio)
• Experience working with cross functional teams
• Ability to travel 5 to 10%.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
• B.S. Electrical Engineering
• 5+ Years industry experience
• Engineering design and/or commissioning of Siemens products.
• Previous experience in the Marine, Fibers or Mining industries.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .