Siemens Customer Service Management in Alpharetta, Georgia
Customer Service Management
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 213720
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htmv
Manager – Business Support
The Siemens Customer Services (CS) business segment supports service offerings for both the Digital Factory (DF) and Process Industries and Drives (PD) divisions. This $300M business executes over 50,000 orders a year. We are looking for a leader to manage the Business Support team ofover 30 individuals thatsupportquotations, order management, billings and logistics for a majority of the business.
· The Manager – Business Support reports to the Controller for the Field Service and Service Delivery organization.
· The team reports in through the CS Service Delivery organization and acts as the link between sales, operations and finance.
· Manage a team of 30+ employees (direct and indirect) who support the both internal and external customer with quotations, order management, billings and logistics.
· The position and most of the team are based in the Alpharetta, GA area. However there are team members located in other Siemens facilities in Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Maryland.
· Innovate and drive continuous improvement projects for the order management teams
· Drive development and growth of employees
· Collaborate with Customer Service partners (sales, proposal teams, business segment, finance) to ensure order management goals and processes are aligned
· Act as an escalation point for internal and external customers for order management related issues.
· Support audit and compliance requirements (internal and external) related to order management and billing
· Provides general guidance or train support and/or professional staff.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Bachelor’s degree. Experience may be substituted for degree.
5+ years experience managing or supervising a team in an order management or call center environment
Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with both technical and business audiences
Strong written, technical documentation and oral communication skills
Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Advanced proficiency in Excel
10-15% travel to meet with team members and partners located in other Siemens US facilities (e.g. Ohio, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Tennessee)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Project management experience preferred
SAP order entry and billing experience a plus
Lean or Six Sigma experience a plus
Experience with web-based order system a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .