Siemens Corporate Accountant (Payroll & Benefits Accounting) in Alpharetta, Georgia
Corporate Accountant (Payroll & Benefits Accounting)
Job Family: Finance
Division: Controlling and Finance
Business Unit: Controlling and Finance
Requisition Number: 211105
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services. Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth. For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/
Siemens - Accounting & Controlling (CF R NAM US) is seeking an experienced Payroll & Benefits Accountant in Alpharetta, GA. The position will report to the Head of Payroll & Benefits – CF R NAM US in Alpharetta, GA. The position will require both experience & technical knowledge of payroll & benefits accounting topics as well as current IFRS guidelines related to Financial Statement accounting & reporting.
• Support Siemens US Divisions in employment accounting topics & related accruals.
• Review, analysis & oversight to the US payroll & benefit processes and accounting impacts.
•Validation of accuracy of benefit & insurance processes & controls
• Confirmation of all US Divisional balances for related liabilities & accruals.
• Review & approval of related account reconciliations.
• Support CF R US NAM Business Partner in all matters supporting Payroll/Benefit related impacts to the divisional financial statements.
• Reporting of financial statement fluctuations related to payroll and employee benefits/accruals to Business Partner organization & divisions.
• Delivery of payroll/benefits information for external or internal auditors and/ or divisional review purposes.
• Support process improvement initiatives and company reorganizations effectively as needed within role.
Required Skills and Competences
• 2-4 years experience in employment accounting and SAP FI.
• 6-8 years in a Large Corporation accounting with strong understanding and use of IFRS, FASB and US GAAP accounting principles.
• Excellent communication, writing, reporting skills to effectively communicate technical financial information.
• Accounting background and skills with excellent analytical & organizational skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other MS Office tools.
• Proven critical thinking skills & ability to complex accounting problems
• Proven leadership skills – able to drive & lead without direct influence
• Strong appreciation for the importance of ensuring accuracy in all levels of financial reporting.
• Experience and familiarity with internal control framework.
• Working knowledge of general business practices.
• Ability and desire to plan, control, and contribute to solving complex problems.
• Self-driven and resourceful to meet deadlines, achieve goals, work independently as well as work well in teams or groups.
• Flexibility to multi-task and adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities - ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Education and Certifications
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA a plus
• MBA a Plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .