Siemens Consulting Business Developer in Alpharetta, Georgia
Consulting Business Developer
Job Family: Strategy
Division: Process Industries and Drives
Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 201554
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Consulting Business Developer uses entrepreneurial skills to build new business opportunities for Siemens in various markets and market segments, with activities including but not limited to:
• understanding Siemens market value proposition and strength of offer in market
• understanding and benchmarking competitor activity and market strategy
• developing detailed business plans for new activities
• assist in developing promotional activities, including content development
• initial direct customer interaction to explore new offers
• incubation of sales efforts and gaining initial wins
• alignment and influence of internal stakeholders around necessary actions for offer development
• Assist in the development, implementation and execution of an overall chemical industry market growth plan for Motors and Drives, including major accounts, “second tier” accounts, OEM’s, EPC’s, system integrators and channel partners. The primary focus is Motors and Drives in the Chemical industry
• The Chemical Business Developer is responsible for the achievement of Motors and Drives Products and System volume business targets, including e.g.: order intake, opportunity pipeline and account penetration in the chemical industry.
• The scope of Siemens Industry portfolio covered by this position includes Medium and Low Voltage Motors, and Medium and Low Voltage Drives
• Provides Industry expertise to help local sales teams penetrate targeted customers with motor and drive opportunities
• The position reports to the Motors and Drives with strong integration and collaboration with the Chemical Vertical Segment
• In conjunction with Siemens local Sales teams, the Chemical business developer:
o Supports motor & drive opportunities in the Chemical Industry
o Establishes/maintains relationships with key management personnel within Chemical industry companies and OEM/EPC’s that provide equipment and services to the Chemical industry
o Discovers/understands customer's primary business goals, operations, challenges, requirements, organization and develops sponsorship with key decision-makers.
o Identifies, seeks out and obtains technical/other resources within Siemens BU’s to engage with the account team in opportunity pursuits as is necessary.
• Be the customer focused representative to drive customer requirements within Siemens and ensure that customers are satisfied with technical solution
• Escalate key customer issues as required to obtain satisfactory and timely resolution
• Provides timely CRM updates to management
• The candidate must be able to successfully coordinate a virtual team that does not report directly to him/her.
• Participate in Industry boards, standard setting, etc.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 8+ years experience with Motors and / or Drives
• Thorough understanding of chemical industry processes, applications, business drivers, trends and issues, including end-user community and key EPC’s serving the industry. Proven ability to develop opportunity pursuit strategies and lead pursuit of complex opportunities across multiple sales organizations and companies.
• Established network with customers, integrators, developers, and potential channel partners in chemical market
• This position requires 40% - 50% travel
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Understands and knows the Motors and Drives market, its drivers and challenges, key competitors and the likely future trends in the Chemical industry.
• 8+ years of experience working in the chemical industry, preferably in a manufacturing or engineering environment, or equivalent experience in marketing or engineering of Motors and /or Drives and related solutions into the chemical industry.
• Proven ability to develop opportunity pursuit strategies and lead pursuit of complex opportunities across multiple sales organizations and companies (end users, engineering firms, systems integrators, etc…
• Fundamental understanding of the Siemens industrial product, solutions and service portfolio is preferred
• Active member of industry trade boards and/or committees
• Strong skills in communication, change management and influencing without authority
• Experience and strong skill sets in business development, marketing, strategy, business leadership, and technical skills
• Engineering degree preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .