Siemens Accounting Professional in Alpharetta, Georgia
Job Family: Finance
Division: Controlling and Finance
Business Unit: Controlling and Finance
Requisition Number: 213965
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Corporation is searching for an Accounting Professional for the Accounting Competency team in the CF R NAM US – AC 2 Organization.
This position is located in Alpharetta, GA or Orlando, FL.
As part of the Accounting Competency team the candidate will be responsible to ensure technical accounting compliance with Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines (FRGs) and IFRS standards in relation to all applicable external and internal reporting requirements for Siemens Divisions in North America (NAM) and especially the US. This comprises research and documentation of complex technical accounting topics and issues as well as supporting the management of technical accounting initiatives and projects across all divisional and functional areas including:
• Planning, training and implementation of new technical accounting concepts and standards (e.g. IFRS 9, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16)
• Standardization / harmonization initiatives and process improvements
• Support for organizational restructurings and M&A activities
The candidate must be able to collaborate across multiple levels and functions in the organization and to support the planning and execution of such initiatives and projects. This requires proven project management and collaboration skillsets and the ability to influence and gain support from required colleagues and stakeholders without authority to successfully contribute to deliver these initiatives and projects in the required quality and timeframe.
The candidate should have the experience and proven skillsets to contribute to the success of the Accounting Competency team by achieving the following:
• Ensure technical accounting compliance with all relevant accounting policies and guidelines for all external and internal reporting requirements (e.g. FRGs and IFRS standards).
• Build and maintain comprehensive technical accounting knowledge and provide training to Business Partners of all relevant Divisions and other Corporate Finance teams in NAM in order to ensure proper application of required accounting and reporting requirements and policies.
• Coordinate and manage technical accounting related activities, initiatives and projects across all NAM / US areas.
• Conduct technical research of complex accounting topics including the documentation and communication of conclusions in a clear and concise manner.
• Provide guidance and support to the Divisions and support functions in all restructuring, organizational and M&A activities.
• Communicate in clear, timely and succinct manner utilizing different communication mediums (email, voice, presentations, etc.).
• Collaborate with organizational partners to identify and manage areas of opportunities for accounting and process improvement and ensure that the processes align with the appropriate accounting guidelines.
• 10+ Yrs. in Accounting / Finance in a professional organization
• Bachelors in Accounting / Finance
• 3+ years in a large public accounting firm (Big 4 highly preferred) or in a corporate governance environment
• Thorough and experienced understanding of FRGs and IFRS
• Expertise in researching and resolving highly complex accounting matters
• Advanced knowledge of key accounting and financial concepts, practices and procedures
• Experience in reporting and communicating to Management and other stakeholders on business related accounting issues and topics
• Proven ability under pressure to be independent in technical accounting research, drawing conclusions and preparing decision proposals for Management and other stakeholders
• Ability to drive change and improvements in a collaborative and productive manner
• Solid understanding of business and financial processes as it relates to technical accounting governance
• Excellent team player and highly skilled in collaborating with colleagues, key stakeholders and others
• Exceptional communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent project management skills
• SAP FI experience
• MBA and CPA a plus
• Experience with new business concepts / models on a consultative level for the business a plus
• Experience in Corporate Accounting and Controlling a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .